Rest Days

Options
Yesterday I jogged/walked for the first time in forever. I also did a 30 minute workout after. Today I was so sore. My sister invited me over to do some yoga (first time ever). I feel a lot better after the yoga. I am worried that now I am going to be more sore tomorrow. Does having a rest day me NO exercise? Am I overdoing it?

Replies

• lnhainstock
    Options
    My rest day is Sunday, I usually take my kids for a walk and do a really gentle Yoga practice at home at night. I rarely do nothing at all. My first run this year, I was sore for 2 days afterwards, If I am a little bit sore I will push through my workout but if it's really bad I will just do a Yoga practice instead. Make sure you are getting enough water and protein to help with muscle repair!
  • shirleyh1946
    shirleyh1946 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I worked out at the Gym yesterday and boy was I sore. Had a hard day doing just normal chores.
    I took a REST day today! Feel better but feel Guilty and Lazy!
    Rest Day doesn't hurt!! Listen to your Body!!!
    Shirley
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Doing yoga on a rest day is a great way to combat DOMS. It helps me a lot. I don't know if you'll be sore tomorrow (sometimes DOMS can last 2 days in some spots), but I would be sure to drink plenty of water. Also try not to be too still for too long. Move around a bit, walk around the house, do a few stretches. I see you have a little one so it sounds like you'll at least be a little active throughout the day. :)
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I just started yoga on my rest days. I found that it really helps the tightness. I only do beginners yoga. If your having doms, then keep moving it actual helps it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    You will likely eventually need to take rest days but light walking and jogging and light yoga are fine every day.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'll do some beginner poses on my rest days then. :) I did feel better after doing it.

My daughter does keep me moving lol!