Hullo! I need some friends to help me keep on track!

Options
sus49
sus49 Posts: 94 Member
Hullo! i have been on myfitnesspal for about a month now and have lost 7 pounds but I am VERY overweight, well obese actually, so I have a lot more to go... Ideally I have another 60 pounds to lose, but I would be happy if I could lose forty. I know this will take me a good year and therein lies the problem! It will take me SO MUCH discipline to stay on a diet for a whole year. So I need some chums on here to keep me at it!

I am a happy person, with a great life. Problem is I LOVE to cook and i LOVE to bake and I LOVE to eat. So it is very difficult for me to commit to a whole year of dieting even though I KNOW I will be happier if I am more fit.

So if you need someone to cheer you on for the long haul, feel free to send me a friend request.:smile:

Susan

Replies

• pathpt
    pathpt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in.I have 40 to lose. I have been at it a month as well. What motivated me was when I saw my DR had in her notes " obesity" as a medical problem.!! Oh wow denial is amazing... But I get it ... I need to become healthy for the long haul. I have lost weight before and I think a mistake was thinking there was an " end" so when you say for a year..... I think for me anyway it is a lifef style change ... for life!! I'm in..
  • lauriebeakley1
    Options
    Hullo! i have been on myfitnesspal for about a month now and have lost 7 pounds but I am VERY overweight, well obese actually, so I have a lot more to go... Ideally I have another 60 pounds to lose, but I would be happy if I could lose forty. I know this will take me a good year and therein lies the problem! It will take me SO MUCH discipline to stay on a diet for a whole year. So I need some chums on here to keep me at it!

I am a happy person, with a great life. Problem is I LOVE to cook and i LOVE to bake and I LOVE to eat. So it is very difficult for me to commit to a whole year of dieting even though I KNOW I will be happier if I am more fit.

So if you need someone to cheer you on for the long haul, feel free to send me a friend request.:smile:

Susan

Just added you Susan! We'll get through this together. :)
  • cherrymei
    cherrymei Posts: 23
    Options
    I guess you can still indulge in your hobby! Just don't eat them. Find happiness in watching others enjoy what you've created. :-)