What to have for dinner? :)

Options
It's two days before pay day and we're living on the bread line. What we have in the pantry at the moment-

Chicken breasts
Broccoli
Carrots
Lettus
Mushrooms
A parsnip
Onions
Tomato puree
Sweet Potatoes
Green beans
Milk/butter/flour ectr

We have pasta and rice, I was thinking some sort of pasta bake using all these ingredients and freezing half for tomorrow. Sort of a pot luck. But it just seems so bland :( Any one have any good ideas? :) Been wracking my brains all day but just can't come up with something :(

Replies

• rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I would say a stir fry!
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Chicken pot pie
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Vegetable soup.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Do you have garlic/garlic powder, lemon juice and maybe eggs?

I would make some sort of fried rice using the rice and your choice of veggies (eggs too if you have them!)

And bake the chicken with any sort of seasoning you might have (garlic salt, lemon juice, etc..) - salt and pepper would do just as well!

Sounds yummy to me :)
  • orangeskiesinlove
    orangeskiesinlove Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Do you have garlic/garlic powder, lemon juice and maybe eggs?

I would make some sort of fried rice using the rice and your choice of veggies (eggs too if you have them!)

And bake the chicken with any sort of seasoning you might have (garlic salt, lemon juice, etc..) - salt and pepper would do just as well!

Sounds yummy to me :)

None of that ahaha, thats a list of all the food wee have in the house :(
  • orangeskiesinlove
    orangeskiesinlove Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Decided on a sweet baked potatoes topped with sauteed onions and mushrooms with a side of boiled broccoli and roasted chicken breast with some chicken gravy.... good stuff :D
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    If you have sweet potatoes left over, and butter/oil of any kind, make sweet potato gnocchi for tomorrow!

Bake the sweets, scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Add flour until you can roll the dough into logs. Bring water into a boil, cut the logs into 1 inch pieces, and boil 10-15 at a time, 2-3 minutes at a time. At the same time, heat butter/oil over medium in a pan. Once the gnocchi are done boiling, toss them in the pan for a few minutes. Season the oil how'd you like. Sage, rosemary and thyme are all good if you have them dried.