Need a workout plan

Options
Hi :)
I started working out last week, but I feel like I'm either not doing it right or I'm not doing what I really need to be doing. A little about me first..
I'm 25. I think I would be considered apple shaped, since I look about 3 months pregnant at all times and my breasts take up half of my body and probably my weight. I'm 135lb and 5'4. I believe I have way, way more fat than muscle and just about no strength. I can't even manage push ups.
I want to change all of that. I want to lose 10lbs, and more so I want to gain some strength and tone my muscle (I have NONE at the moment). I know what I need to do as far as eating healthier, but when it comes to the work out part, I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time doing things that won't help me. I like to follow videos on YouTube (although, I'm willing to buy something to follow as well). I have to do a full body work out.
So my first questions is, will one hour, maybe hour and a half, of working out every evening be enough? I'm thinking of doing regular exercises day 1, Pilates day 2, regular day 3, Pilates day 4....is that a good idea?? What I mean by regular exercises is lifting weights, crunches and so on.

Replies

• missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I personally love workouts such as Insanity. Its a combination of cardio, and a full body workout utilizing your body's own weight for resistance. I have done two rounds of it and had amazing results. Right now I'm currently doing the Les Mills Combat, and the workouts range from 30-60 minutes. you really don't have to focus so much as to how long youre working but that youre working out effectively!
  • ashleysarvi
    Options
    check out body rock tv on you tube also the BeFit 30day fat burn. Both free total body and they will make you sweat!
  • lunastardust777
    Options
    i do blogilates with cassey ho on youtube. its all free and is basically pilates since beginning work outs with casey ho, (i too have a apple shape) , i am getting curves in my abdominal area and have lost some of my stomach. im not as exhausted as i have been with some of the work outs in the past and its something i can look forward to as she plays great music and keeps you pumped up and excited all the way through. she also has so much variety you could never get bored! if cassey ho's program wasnt free i would have saved up and invested in it. its that great :)
  • kell925
    kell925 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks sooo much! I'm going to look into these.
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump