pls.help!!!

zette1023
zette1023 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have very wide shoulders and back fat under my bra line . how can i change my shape i been exercising for years nothing happen?pls.help!!!!!

Replies

• KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    I'm no expert, but there are some yoga positions that are supposed to target/tone that area,have you tried it?
  • I think we all have those days where all we do is fixate on the problem areas. Looks like you're losing though, right?

I think pilates is *the* best way to target areas like that, and also posture (amazing how standing a certain way can make you look heavier. YouTube had loads of intro routines for free:-). Good luck!
  • I think an area like that is hard to target - I can't see your diet diary so I cannot see what you are eating but if you're losing weight I would say be patient and eventually it will come off. Many women are wearing the wrong size bra and it could be that if you go and get fitted you may find it looks better just from that alone xxx
  • louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    I believe there is no specific way to "spot reduce" areas. Ie back fat. It will come off as you lose body fat.

I am 5' 3" 133 lbs and have "betty backfat" (my pet name) . It is starting to go but its the hardest to shift as is my lower tummy.

We all have areas that are problems but if you focus on toning your whole body with lunges, squats, stretches and cardio to blast the fat....WE should eventually get there.

GOOD LUCK:smile:
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Like others said, you can't "spot lose" weight. But, you CAN tone with some back exercises. If you have access to a gym and/or weights, there are numerous options, just ask a trainer or "gym rat" to help identify the right machines/exercises. Of course, cardio helps with overall weight loss, so keep up the hard work! These sites might help: http://exercise.about.com/library/blbackexercises.htm, http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/BackWt.html.
This discussion has been closed.