Are they haters or genuinely concerned?

Options
Let me start with this I've lost 63lbs so far and am excited and proud. I've been working my *kitten* off. I've changed my eating habits, less carbs more protein. I haven't had sugar in a few months. I do Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper workouts 5-6 days a week. I take rest days. I wouldn't call my working out excessive or my diet excessive.

So here's the deal I've lost these 63lbs in less than 6 months. Recently my mom, my dad, and a few friends have approached me on different occasions and made comments about me losing weight too fast. I don't think it's too fast, I don't feel like I've been pushing myself too hard. Honestly I feel better than I ever have in my life. I can run, I can do push ups, I lift way more than I used to.

Their comments have gotten into my head. I question whether I just don't see it. I know it's faster than most people lose but I'm young, and had a lot to lose. I'm looking for opinions, am I blind, is this unhealthy? Or is it just strange for my family to see me this size so that's their reaction?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound excessive to me and it's great you aren't being too strict with diet or exercise.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Depending on your size 63 pounds in 6 months may be too much too fast (10 pounds a month) but then again it may also not be. It's subjective, after all. That said they don't sound like haters at all (it's not like they said anything mean or rude or hurtful) and they do sound genuinely concerned.

But being concerned doesn't mean they're right.
  • SammiFromMiami18
    Options
    I've read that when you are very unhealthy for a long time that when you start to exercise and eat better that you will lose a substantial amount of weight and fast! It's not like you lost weight doing unhealthy things! You're doing it the right way! Eventually it will get harder for the weight to come off and it wont happen as quickly. But damn, be proud of yourself. All that matters is how YOU feel. You're finally becoming happier with your body, don't let anyone take that away from you. Keep doing what your doing and use those comments people are saying you to push you even harder. Nice job!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You could talk to your doc and get his or her professional medical opinion on your weight loss progress and your current (and sounds like greatly improved) health. That way, when people (friends, family, random over-opinionated people) start to give you grief about your weight loss and exercise progress, you can tell them you've consulted with your doctor, he or she is on board with your progress, and you have an excellent bill of health. That should stop them dead in their tracks.

Edited for typos.