A young girls struggle to health

Options
I'm a 21 year old student and, so, after a lifetime of being fed junk food with little to no exercise at all, I'm finally trying to break old habits and get back on the bandwagon!
I've been here before, but after some horrid RL experiences I came off the diet and went straight back to old habits, I feel like now is time to get back into shape :)

I'll be trying various challenges like the squat challenge along my way!

I'd love advice from people on how to eat healthy on the go - my uni doesn't offer a very large selection of healthy meals and most of where I go offers what looks to be healthy meals - but is really just full of sugar and fat

I'd also love if people were to add me as a friend and share diaries and what not x

Replies

• cherrymei
    cherrymei Posts: 23
    Options
    Well, it's always best to have a balance of meat, rice and vegetables in your every meal, but if the situation is not favorable, you can probably adjust by going with the lesser evil ^^
    Or you can pack your food! :)

You can also exercise to start toning your muscles in lieu with your weight loss. It's important to know what exercise you're willing to commit to until the end. I've tried lots of exercise routines, aerobics, Zumba, hiphop dance, treadmill you name it! Now, I think I found the exercise for me, I am totally loving kickboxing! :)
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Pack your own food or make sensible decisions on what food is available e.g. burger minus cheese and mayo. Alternatively, eat the junk but work out more.
    I wouldn't worry too much though, long as you fit within your calories for the day or even go over just a wee bit, you're doing fine :bigsmile: