New on the block

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Terry. I am an Army Wife and a mom of four. We are stationed in Europe for the next 2 yrs. Being here has not helped with my weight. I have gained 27lbs in the past year. I'm sure it had to do with the stresses of selling our house and moving to another country. I have now hit 211 and I am done being this size. I am open to any ideas that anyone has and I am very excited to start my new life of eating healthy.

Replies

• Maggie1960
    Options
    Hello Terry, welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend, this site is excellent. There is so much support and motivation, and there's always someone to chat to if the going gets tough.
    Love Maggie xx
  • DanL66712
    Options
    Welcome to the site! You weigh about the same as me, I’m looking to get down to about 175. Feel free to add me as a friend, I’m always on here, so when that cake looks appealing, I can always offer support :-)

Good luck with the weight loss!

Dan
  • mykaar74
    Options
    I'm new to this too, but from what I have observed over the week I've been apart of the community the people on here really do care, eventhough we are strangers. I am a Navy wife, and we are stationed in Japan. it is definitely stressful so I understand. great thing is that you are reaching out & stepping up to make changes to your situation (weight loss). I wish you all the best, on your journey
  • hijadeochun
    Options
    I can empathize with weight gain from moving, I also gained 40 pounds in the last two years since moving to Europe. I notice that the foods that are in the diary don't always match the ingredients we have here but I try to add the closest thing. So far, I'm loving MFP and I hope you will too. People are super sweet. One person suggested that I log food before I eat it and I think that's a great suggestion so I'm passing it on to you.

Sending you wishes for a good start and a successful outcome!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Hi Terry!

Welcome to MFP you will find lots of support here on your journey xxx