Anyone get a knee injury from doing Insanity?

Options
I just started Insanity last thursday and absolutely love it. Unfortunetly I had to stop because of my right knee; it is bruised and very sore. I was just wondering if anyone else had any knee troubles after doing the Insanity. I am a runner and very use to the impact it has on your knees but have never experience this pain in my knee before. There is allot of Polymetrics and I am not use to all of that. How do you know how serious the injury is without getting an MRI? This will be my second day not working out and I hate it and if anyone has any ideas of some cardio I can do that won't hurt my knee worse I would love to hear about it. Thanx

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees before I did insanity. I also train the muscles around the knee to help support it. Modify when you need to.You can and keep the intensity up. Also a good joint supplemnt can help. I take a combo MSM, glucosamine and chondrodion. This helps alot. IF it is injured rest it and try epsom salt baths
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When I injured my knee in college, I was told to take glucosamine and chondrodion with MSM, to help repair and strengthen the cartiledge in the joints. When I started Insanity I started up the supplements again. As ProTFitness said, you can keep doing Insanity, just modify those exercises that bother your knee and slowly work up to doing the full exercise. Hope that helps!
  • tinyliz
    tinyliz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will try those supplements that you suggested.