Need some motivation

Options
I started my lifestyle change about 8 weeks ago. I have been doing extremely well. I go to the gym 5x a week and net about 1400 calories per day (goal set by MFP). Although I do not log on this site anymore, everything that goes in my body is recorded. I just find it easier to write it down rather than transpose it on here.

I started at 215 and am now currently down to 200.2, which is 1.85 lbs lost per week, which is perfect for me. However the main problem is that I am just not seeing the results. I look almost exactly the same as I started 8 weeks ago.

When should I plan on noticing differences? I have heard 10% of original body weight lost, but I am not sure.

Appease me

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I started at 246...it took about 30lbs for me to see a difference. My family noticed before I did. To be honest...I didn't see a "big" difference until I hit 200lbs.

Remember that 15lbs you lost was spread over your entire body. For smaller people a 15lb loss is really noticeable but for larger people it takes more of a loss to see the results.

Give it time...you will see it one day and ask yourself..."Who is that person in the mirror?".
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    did you take pics to start with? measurments? those are the way to see the differences.

Looking in the mirror typically does nothing for most...

I have lost over 40lbs and I look and don't see a different really...I mean I do but nothing to write home about.

I know I am smaller tho based on my clothing, measurments and pics I took.

Motivation comes from within...not external sources, so dig deep if you feel like you don't have any motivation...
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    did you take pics to start with? measurments? those are the way to see the differences.

Looking in the mirror typically does nothing for most...

I have lost over 40lbs and I look and don't see a different really...I mean I do but nothing to write home about.

I know I am smaller tho based on my clothing, measurments and pics I took.

Motivation comes from within...not external sources, so dig deep if you feel like you don't have any motivation...

This. Also, I had quite a bit to lose when I started and there are still some days that I look in the mirror and just see the old me. It sometimes takes the brain a while to catch up. Pictures and measurements are the only way I can be reassured that I am losing.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I did not notice any difference until I had lost about 30 pounds
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I feel really bad for you that you're not seeing results....that must be HARD especially when it sounds like you're doing SUPERBLY well. (Well done). In this interim period, are you at least FEELING better? More energy? More positive outlook? etc, etc?
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies. My measurements have definitely improved and yes I took pictures to begin with. I do notice some differences, but I just thought 15 lbs down I would clearly be able to tell. I have a new found love for working out. I never thought I would enjoy running, but I have grown to actually love it. I will just keep plugging away. I am about halfway to my goal weight :D
  • lunula71
    lunula71 Posts: 13
    Options
    I went from 230 down to my current weight of 149 (I'm 5'6) and I didn't see much of a change until I got under 200. That's when my clothing sizes started reducing quickly and I started getting those, "You've lost weight!" comments.