New and looking for support

Options
Hello. This is not my first time using MFP. Hopefully this will be the time I stick with it. Looking for support buddies. I am a stay at home mother to 5 amazing children. My husband is in the army so we move around. I have let my weight get out of control. I had my youngest child almost 2 years ago. After having a c-section for the third time, my body did not handle it well. I had to have a wound vacuum for 6 months. I had a secondary wound form. I had all that going on while dealing with a newborn and another move. Right after we moved here (DC area), my mother passed away. I gave up on caring. Ate for comfort. Recently I decided to start making changes to better not only myself, but my life. After having smoked since I was 10 years old (I am 36 now), I have successfully quit smoking. Now it's time to tackle the weight. I did start discussions with my PCM about gastric bypass surgery, but I am hoping to avoid that.
Long term goal is to lose around 100 pounds. At my height that would still be curvy (I am an even 5'). I haven't been that weight since I was a preteen. I have lost larger amounts of weight before. I admit that I did not do so in a healthy manner. This time I am hoping to make healthy changes.

I'd love to support others and get a little support for myself. Feel free to add me :smile:

Replies