Who has lost weight without cutting carbs?

Options

Replies

• bhoelscher
    bhoelscher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    <- Its slow, but I havent cut ANYTHING out of my diet. Just smaller portions, calorie counting and more exercise. It might not be the "best" or "healthiest" way, but its certainly better and healthier than how I was living.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Meee!!

(FTR - I was at 61lbs lost.. I just came back from a cruise with 8lbs on haha)

I've been at this since the end of August 2012. I'm not finished yet, but I'm happy with things, I guess. I mean, in a perfect world, I'd be working on maintenance and dropping BF% only by now, but this is life. Life happens.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    I had to cut the carbs way back so I guess my answer is "not me."
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Me! I try to eat healthy but still have whatever I want within the calorie limit. I don't go over the carb limit they put on here but that's just the way I eat I guess.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins a few years back and lost 89 pounds in 5 months.

I've been monitoring and restricting calories to around 1600 for 6 months (with the exception of this last month where I've been keeping near 1200 per my doctors diet) and I've lost 35 pounds.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Eleven pounds since December 28, but I'm deliberately taking it slowly because it seems more sustainable for me.
    I'm eating fewer carbs most days than I might otherwise, but it's not deliberately "cutting carbs," more like trying to be sure I get enough protein so my snacking habits have changed.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 lbs in 3 months while eating around 300 g of carbs a day. I eat less carbs now because I am more focused on body composition (i.e. building/retaining muscle, losing bf) therefore I need to increase protein.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've done both. Calories only, versus low carb. Better results (for me) on the low carb (almost double the weight lost in the same period of time that I tested). Weights 3 x a week Cardio 3 x a week.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    who here has successfully lost weight without cutting carbs,

I've lost 16lbs in about 8 months or so. Couldn't afford to cut carbs as I need the fuel. If I did reduce I'd burn out on a run or ride, and that wouldn't be a good thing...

That's on the basis of 20-30km per week running now up to 35-40km, with a couple of bodyweight resistance sessions
  • dandaman93
    Options
    These people : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSOuOv4AY10

Carb up my friend! Carbs are good and lovely and so is exercise. It's your fat content you should be watching :) I've eaten close to 2k calories (dropping it a little because I can't exercise right now) and I've lost quite a bit of weight in a little over a month.
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Eating what I want but staying within calorie limits, when I work out I eat back those calories too and working out 3 to 5 times a week-lost 32 pounds since 12/27/13
    [/quote

Wow that's an amazing loss since December!! My loss seems to be so darn slow!! Only 23 lbs since in the last 6 months.. and I follow my TDEE - have researched, changed things up, etc.. I loose a lb then stagnant for another month... very frustrating.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of mid-range.

I tend to run about 35-45% carbs, with total grams 125-200. I did Atkins about 10 years ago, which worked but I hated - and then the weight came right back on when I went off.

I don't restrict anything in my diet, but in order to stay within my calorie range I tend to leave out cookies and dessert and things. If I've got cardio calories left at then end of the day, then sometimes I will have something sweet, but during the day I will be too hungry if I have a higher carb load.

Protein is my friend!

ETA: 36lbs total, but 25 of that is since early Oct 2013
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even tell you how many carbs I eat a day. I only track protein and calories. I have lost 1.87 lbs per week for 8 weeks. Down 15 lbs thus far and haven't ever tracked carbs. I eat what I want as long as it fits or I can make it fit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    77.5 lbs so far, in 13.5 months. I aim for 40% carb 30% protein 30% fat, and I often go above on carbs. I walk a lot (3 miles a day in average) and lift weights 3x a week.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    But I am about to flip it back around and go back to the 1600 calories and lower my carb intake to under 30g a day because I feel so much better when I eat that way.

I have insulin resistance caused from PCOS and carbs make me feel so sluggish and slow and run down.... I sleep better and need less sleep and have more overall energy when I low carb and I stay fuller longer because my blood sugar doesn't spike all over the place.

But switching back to low carb is based purely on medical necessity at this point and not just for a weight loss vs. time factor.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out carbs. However, while trying to work in a calorie deficit, I am sure that I cut down on carbs overall versus my eating habits prior to my renewed fitness regime. All that aside, if you eat at a reasonable caloric deficit, you will lose weight. Best to do it on a balanced diet and exercise IMHO. Best of luck.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I didn't do low carb, but i did have to eat fewer carbs to stay within my calories and macros. And less fat. And more protein.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Me.

It took about 16 weeks.

I just counted my macros and ate at a small deficit :)
  • sarah5893
    sarah5893 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have! Carbs are my love, I just switched to wholemeal bread and pasta but to be honest I didn't really cut them down
    some days I'd have 2 toast for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and pasta for dinner!
    eat ALL the carbs, just know your limits. nom.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    <---- watching calories, not carbs. I do try to keep protein in mind though to make sure I get enough. I guess that's the only macro I really watch for.