I'm baaaack...

Options
Hi everyone! It's been a long, chaotic year and a half. I began to fall out of a healthy routine after my brother passed away, then my school schedule became full time+. I've been trying to figure out for the past few weeks why I feel so down in the dumps, then it hit me. I've never felt as good as I did back when I was routinely working out and eating regularly (not always healthy, but at least regularly). Between cabin fever from this Michigan winter and sitting on my rear studying all semester, it's no wonder I'm depressed. I'm studying physical therapy (PTA), and a depressed, out of shape PTA isn't ideal for treating patients.

I'd love to support you, no matter what your goals, just know that mine may be different than yours. I don't want to lose weight, I won't be upset if I gain a little, I'm not after the body I had when I was 21. All I want is to feel good, both physically and mentally.

I'm not following any specific diet plan, other than trying to eat regularly, small meals every few hours and incorporating as many veggies and other good stuff as possible. I found a gym that's affordable, located smack dab in between my home and school, so, no more excuses.

Replies

• AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    God bless you. I am sorry about your brother passing away. That's a hard one, and grief tends to color every aspect of our lives.

I recently jumped back into getting healthy and reclaiming my life after a series of setbacks. It's good to know there are folks who are willing to listen, encourage, and talk straight.

Best of luck to you!
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thanks, APR! Grief is definitely a hard one. I think it hits people deeper and for longer than they realize. I'm glad to hear that you are overcoming some setbacks and moving in the right direction yourself!