No fat loss?

Options
Hi everyone, I'm just posting because I am a little confused. I've been managing what I've been eating and also doing insanity/running for the past month and a bit but I'm not really seeing any results. It's a little frustrating to say the least because I lost 40 pounds from doing one round of insanity last year. My question is, is it possible to gain muscle and not burn fat? I know fat muscle burns fat, but I'm not losing any inches but I am slowly losing weight. I know it is not lean muscle mass that I'm losing because I'm eating healthy and not doing any drastic "diet". I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. Thanks!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

welcome to MFP message board

I hope this link will help you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

My experience is:

Acquiring and maintaining a healthy weight is 80% nutrition, 10% activity and 10% genetics. Fortunately, the first two are within our control.

I believe it is healthy to lose weight slowly like you are doing it now. Please keep it up.

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm just posting because I am a little confused. I've been managing what I've been eating and also doing insanity/running for the past month and a bit but I'm not really seeing any results. It's a little frustrating to say the least because I lost 40 pounds from doing one round of insanity last year. My question is, is it possible to gain muscle and not burn fat? I know fat muscle burns fat, but I'm not losing any inches but I am slowly losing weight. I know it is not lean muscle mass that I'm losing because I'm eating healthy and not doing any drastic "diet". I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. Thanks!

define "not really seeing any results"....

Does that mean no weight loss? no inches?

If you are eating at a deficet then no you are not gaining muscle.

If you are losing weight slowly how slowly? 1/2lb a week? that's not bad but check your logging...do you weigh your food? measure liquids? how are you calculating burns? how many calories a day do you burn? how many do you eat?

Your diary isn't open so it's hard to pinpoint causes.