Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New with plenty to lose

Hi everyone,

I have been on the site for a while but haven't been very talkative because I thought I had enough support with just myself. My problem started 5 years ago when I married my great husband. I married into an over eating no exercise family and over the years have gone from 5'6 150 pounds to 270 pounds! I look in the mirror and don’t recognize myself anymore. It took me a while to see the weight problem because I had this great husband who loved me no matter what I look like.

Currently I'm in nursing school to become a Registered Nurse and all my nurse buddies think I am crazy for trying this while in such a stressful school but I cannot wait. Because of my weight I have developed severe Sleep apnea and have to wear a CPAP every time I sleep, no dozing on the couch for me.

I started my weight loss journey a month ago and have lost 4 pounds very slowly but they have stayed off thank God. I have no support from my couch potato husband :sad: and no work out partner so I decided to be more active on here instead. If anyone is in a similar situation with a couch potato mate and you feel they are bringing out the worst in you, health wise I would love some advice!
Thanks for listening,
medicinewomen1986

P.S. that picture is not me but it what I want to look like soon!

Replies

• Hi, you will find no end of support here for your journey. Good luck

xxx
  • welcome to mfp!! you have our support!
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    You are definitely in the right place!!! Glad you are here!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Glad to have you here, we are all in the same boat and I think you will find the encouragement, motivation and support you need. Don't be afraid to add people you don't know, or who have inspired you to your buddy list! You can do this, and we can do this together.
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    you can do it!!