Appetite suppresant

Options

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    When my appetite is kicking up - or rather I think it is even though I just ate and I'm not truely hungry - I drink coffee. I drink a lot of coffee. I do put a tbls of creamer in but 35 calories keeps me from snacking and I enjoy it - i'm good. I do try to drink decaf occasionally so I don't kill myself with absurd amounts of caffeine I otherwise would drink....
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Drinking peppermint tea helps and zero calories.

Chewing gum

Excercise is an appetite suppresant for me, especially cardio
  • wijody
    wijody Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A hot bath with lots of water kills my appetite - works great to curb nighttime snack attacks.
  • michellewong699
    michellewong699 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the posters: protein is the way to go!!
    If ever I eat carbs (pasta or rice) without any protein, I notice that I get hungry much faster.

My mom used to take appetite suppressant pills, but she quickly gained back the weight after she stopped using them.
    Sooooooo that's not the way to go...
  • losingdays
    losingdays Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    relying on chia seeds too heavily for a suppressant before/after meals can be problematic too - discovered this the hard way when i was using them and bloated like a m'f-er
  • losingdays
    losingdays Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    speed. not kidding. lol
  • apeydawn423
    apeydawn423 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I honestly believe pills are never the way.......... when you feel yourself getting hungry really look within to decide if it's actual hunger, thirst, boredom or stress.
  • Skittle_BoomBoom
    Options
    I actually am using them now. I have had meals with them and without them just to see if they work and they definitely do! Just be careful which one you get. I have "Weight Loss! 4 Fat Fighting Ingredients!" I got them on sale at Rite Aid for 14.99 I think and they work. Just take them with your meal and you will feel full way longer. I have to work long hours, so with my meal in the morning I take one and stay full until around 4-5 o'clock. Then I have a small snack for my "lunch" at work with a glass of water and a pill and I am fine for the rest of the day.

This is just me though, they vary from person to person. I would give it a try though! It works for me.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Brotein bro !!
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Protein and lots of vegetables.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Don't use pills.

Even if they do "work" while you are taking them, you learn nothing. Will you take these things your whole life? No. At least, I would hope not as that would be really messed up. So you need to learn what can be done WITHOUT them pills.

In other words, you have to learn how you will live the rest of your life. And it won't be on those pills.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    NO. Don't even go there.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    ITT Op asks for the best appetite suppressant and gets trolled.

Caffeinated drinks like coffee or diet rock-star work great.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a huge correlation between my hunger increasing and my TOM... (shark week.) If it is only sometimes you are having appetite issues, perhaps it is hormonal or situation.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is a great appetite suppressant, imho. No joke.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    synedrex the best.....but this isn't the place to ask those kind of questions because of all the experts in here.
  • tulip_in_a_cup
    tulip_in_a_cup Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes, like people are saying, eat a lot of lean protein. healthy fats, and high fiber whole grains... Drinks a TON of water... Brush your teeth if you can't seem to stop eating- sometimes that's the only way I can shut off my hungry switch at night :)
  • Otis08052005
    Otis08052005 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dieting is hard! I get hungry most days too. Protein vs. carbs works, as suggested here. I find heading to the mall and trying on jeans to be the best appetite suppressant out there. I also pop a phentermine here and there on a bad hunger/craving day. I know people frown on that, but it works great. Cardio is another great idea someone posted. I try to do for myself what I do for my small child... redirect the attention from the negative behavior (enjoying a sugary treat) to something positive, be it exercise, shopping, the bath... whatever works for you.
  • nitadances
    nitadances Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fill up on the low calorie fresh fruits & veggies, low fat yogurt, etc for snacks. Drink coffee, tea, herbal teas. And silly as it sounds, keep your hands busy...knit or crochet or cross stitch etc if you enjoy it (i find I don't crave food if my hands are busy). And brushing your teeth after every meal helps, too. Ask yourself " am I hungry enough to eat an apple?" If the answer is no, than your hunger is emotional, not physical.
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of diet pills can cause heart problems, and are essentially speed in a pill, esp if bought online.

Throw in some chickpeas to a green smoothie and youll feel full for ages, and get a dose of protein and fiber while youre at it.