Looking for a few friends

Options
Hi my name is Bonnie and I am looking for a few friends to help support me and motivate me. I have to loose over 100 pounds to love I have lost 40 already but seems like I want to give up . Help me get over this hump.

Replies

• sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi, Bonnie. I'm Sheryl. I just joined today and am also looking for support and motivation. I, too, have over 100 pounds to lose.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ruth, Please add me as I too would love to have support and motivation! Anyone feel free to add meeee
  • cg57076
    cg57076 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I gave myself a goal of losing 75 pounds last year. I worked my butt off and lost 25 and gave up until December 2013 and gained it all back. 8 months of hard work to lose it in 3 months. I have just now got back to where I was in August of last year. Stay the course and good will follow !
  • supermommartin
    supermommartin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie,
    Hang in there. You can do this! Losing 40lbs is a huge accomplishment! Don't give up now, you are doing great. I have about 50-60lbs to lose. Since the birth of my 3rd baby 16 months ago I have lost and re-gained 7lbs 3 or 4 times. It's frustrating to know that if I would have chosen a program I could stick to a year ago I would be at a healthy weight right now. All I know is I don't want to carry this extra weight around any longer.

With 3 little ones at home, counting calories is not something I have time for if I just eat whatever I want, so I made a diet that adds up to just the right amount of calories to simplify things for myself and make this process as easy as possible. These are all foods that I like to eat and this diet doesn't force me to leave anything out that I will crave to the point that I give in. I can actually see myself eating this way long term, and not just for the duration of weight loss. This gives me great hope for keeping the weight off and never being in this position again! My diet plan is this:
    Breakfast: oatmeal sweetened with 1 cup of blueberries, splenda, cinnamon, and a little vanilla
    Lunch: 1 can of progresso soup (any flavor)
    Dinner: Moderate portion of whatever the family is eating
    Snacks: (choose 2) protein shake, protein meal replacement bar (any brand/flavor), or peanut butter candy (mix 2T peanut butter with 1T honey and about 1/4 serving of milk powder)

If I do any kind of exercise during the day this is the perfect diet for me. The peanut butter candy is what gets me through my day. If I did not include that in my diet I would fail! Is there some modification you can make to your plan to make it easier to move forward? Weight loss doesn't have to be as hard as we make it sometimes.

Since I eat the same stuff over and over it is really easy to track my calories in my fitness pal. I hope this helps. I know how hard it is when you get in a weight loss slump. Whatever you do, make sure you don't gain back those 40lbs you worked so hard to lose. You lost those 40, and you can lose the rest. It will be worth all the hard work!