Are You Happy With How You Look As You Lose?

Options

Replies

• eccentric88
    eccentric88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost 36 lb in over 2 yrs. Still have arm flabbys and chin waddle now with wrinkles from the sometimes rapid weight loss. It was water and did loss bout 20 lb in 2 wks this equals wrinkles on chin. I was told that there was a jelll or cream on the market that is to help the loose skin. I do some but not much exercise.

I also took supplements that support collagen for a while and this seemed to help some. I try to watch how much water I drink so as not dehydrated and watch what I put on my face. I do not use hard water, use good quality natural soaps and creams. I also find exfoliating weekly helps.

I was told that it eventually catches up ??? and is not so loose or wrinkly in time.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I figure that if I can put in the hard work that it takes to lose all the weight, then I can totally sock away enough money over the course of a few years to buy myself a tummy tuck! :devil: Plus, most plastic surgeons will give you a discount (if you ask) if you pay up front! BONUS!
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Interesting. My arms are worse than my abdomen. Don't think it will be possible to get rid of the "flapping wings".

Do you do tricep dips? I'm 48 and tricep dips, overhead extensions and other exercises have helped.
    I once asked a personal trainer who was in her 40's and looked absolutely amazing about loose skin on my triceps and she flexed and said "I have that". She mentioned to work the triceps but it gets harder as we age.

The good news is that our eyes are going as well.....so when I look in the mirror it's usually without my glasses on!! :flowerforyou:
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm very happy with the results I'm starting to see. My notorious thunder thighs aren't so terrifying as much, I'm losing my dunlap of a gut and definition is starting to form in my shoulders. In all, I'm happy with what I have now. I can't imagine the severity of the excitement I'll experience once I hit my final goal. I'm happy to be alive!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I knew I'd have batwings and saggy skin, carried the weight for way too long and yo yo'd up & down ...skin just not gonna snap back at my age, lol.:noway:

I've never had any surgery at this point in my life so if my saggy skin isn't going to firm up, I'll just carry it to remind me to NEVER get back to where I was when I started here (649 days ago). I thought I'd have more and yes I was worried about it. Upper inner thighs bother me the most, gut truly was not as bad as I envisioned it. Went from 3x in tops to right now size M/L and 24 jeans to size 10.

I do wish I had gotten off my fat *** a long time ago to do this (well I've dieted on/off over half my life) but never had the mindset that I have now to get the pounds off & now I'm working to keep them off as I've finally hit my 'goal range'

So yep, you bet I'm happy with how I look now compared to how I was with my saggy skin fat filled:bigsmile:
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I will, too.
    Ill take my loose skin over my previous fat self.d121
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Thank you. All of the work has been so worth it.
    OP it sounds like you are on the right track! Slow and steady really is the best. I'm working on a goal of losing the "last 5 pounds" (of fat) the next six months. I figure if I'm going to work so hard to get it off, I don't want it to ever come back! I have friends who ask for my advice all the time, when I tell them they can't lose more than 2 pounds per week at most and that all their crash diet ideas are a sure fire way to lose water and muscle and then end up even fatter than they started they get really annoyed. And then they don't put in the work. And then they stay fat. C'est la vie. As I said before, just keep going. It really is a lifestyle change.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    You must have gained muscle?
    im completely confused by my body at the moment, I lost around 15lbs last year yet some days I look bigger than before
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Not sure what tricep dips are, but I do work my triceps. Trouble is I could never get large enough triceps to fill up the skin unless it shrinks, I'm afraid.

quote]
    Interesting. My arms are worse than my abdomen. Don't think it will be possible to get rid of the "flapping wings".

Do you do tricep dips? I'm 48 and tricep dips, overhead extensions and other exercises have helped.
    I once asked a personal trainer who was in her 40's and looked absolutely amazing about loose skin on my triceps and she flexed and said "I have that". She mentioned to work the triceps but it gets harder as we age.

The good news is that our eyes are going as well.....so when I look in the mirror it's usually without my glasses on!! :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Nope.

My head looks bigger.
    I now have wrinkles and I look older.

Sigh... becoming sexy is a curse.

:wink:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing all the right things!! Try getting therapeutic massages to stimulate your lymph and tone up your skin's looks!
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I am definitely happy with the way i look in clothes..no question about that. Naked..well that's been a slow process. I do love how my body has changed..nice curves now BUT the loose skin I struggle with some times. At 65lbs down I definitely notice it on my tummy and arms. It frustrates me at times because i know how hard i work at the gym and still with this skin it kinda hides some of my hard work and makes me look larger in some areas than i know i am. I've been really working on self acceptance and trying to look at my shrunken stretch marks and skin as a reminder of how far i've come, as a badge of honour of sorts. ;) I think the hardest part is forgiving myself for letting myself get so unhealthy and doing this to my body. If i had taken care of myself sooner I wouldn't have the stretch marks or loose skin. I struggle with that more than anything. Overall, I couldn't be happier with how i feel and how much improved I look. I wouldn't trade that for anything. If it means i have to look at this skin daily, so be it. It is what it is. ;)
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a lot of weight compared to some of the people who've pitched in on this thread but yes...overall I'm very happy. I'm less lumpy, I'm regaining some muscle definition, I feel stronger, I have more endurance, and I think I'm losing the borderline matronly look I'd been creeping into. I have problem areas where the fat's sticking around longer than others, but that's part of the process.

My only complaint is that as my face and neck thin, I'm seeing fine wrinkles that had been disguised by plumpness. Moisturizing like a fiend these days!
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Exactly. Forgiving myself has always been very hard for me.
    I am definitely happy with the way i look in clothes..no question about that. Naked..well that's been a slow process. I do love how my body has changed..nice curves now BUT the loose skin I struggle with some times. At 65lbs down I definitely notice it on my tummy and arms. It frustrates me at times because i know how hard i work at the gym and still with this skin it kinda hides some of my hard work and makes me look larger in some areas than i know i am. I've been really working on self acceptance and trying to look at my shrunken stretch marks and skin as a reminder of how far i've come, as a badge of honour of sorts. ;) I think the hardest part is forgiving myself for letting myself get so unhealthy and doing this to my body. If i had taken care of myself sooner I wouldn't have the stretch marks or loose skin. I struggle with that more than anything. Overall, I couldn't be happier with how i feel and how much improved I look. I wouldn't trade that for anything. If it means i have to look at this skin daily, so be it. It is what it is. ;)
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I didn't like the way my neck was looking before I started this. i was afraid it would be even worse if I lost weight, but I don't know if it actually is or not.
    I haven't lost a lot of weight compared to some of the people who've pitched in on this thread but yes...overall I'm very happy. I'm less lumpy, I'm regaining some muscle definition, I feel stronger, I have more endurance, and I think I'm losing the borderline matronly look I'd been creeping into. I have problem areas where the fat's sticking around longer than others, but that's part of the process.

My only complaint is that as my face and neck thin, I'm seeing fine wrinkles that had been disguised by plumpness. Moisturizing like a fiend these days!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    51lb down with 20ish pounds to go, do I like the way I look now? hell yes, im lucky then Im not very self concious and didn't really care what others thought of the way I look. As the pounds come off more and more and im fitting into smaller clothes, more flattering designs and general nicer clothes so its a plus point. Im not at the point yet myself where I'm happy naked but with 20lbs to go I can see a time when I will happily walk around with nothing on.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I think my face is a bit thinner, I've definitely lost a bunch of weight in the stomach area and my back rolls are less apparent. But my bras are now too big. :(
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have my loose skin on my body than be overweight. You can hide loose skin with spanx and dressing properly in your correct size. Looking at my pictures you would never be able to tell I have loose skin and the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind don't matter :) I've lost 117 lbs in less than a year. doesn't matter how fast or slow you lose it, it's how much elasticity is in your skin and if you have stretch marks, chances are you already did a number on that factor. Who cares about loose skin when you are healthier and smaller and feel so good!!
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I'd rather have my loose skin on my body than be overweight. You can hide loose skin with spanx and dressing properly in your correct size. Looking at my pictures you would never be able to tell I have loose skin and the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind don't matter :) I've lost 117 lbs in less than a year. doesn't matter how fast or slow you lose it, it's how much elasticity is in your skin and if you have stretch marks, chances are you already did a number on that factor. Who cares about loose skin when you are healthier and smaller and feel so good!!

You look great! Congratulations on your weight loss. ;)