looking for new friends who are losing 100+ lbs

Options
Hiya, I am really looking for some new friends on MFP who are trying to eat healthily and exercise and who are trying to or succeeding in losing the weight. I am struggling to stay committed when I don't see the scale moving instead of just being more careful about my logging and pushing harder in my exercise. I can't give up this time, I am tired of giving up on myself and am sick of hating the person in the mirror, I have to put all that behind me now and begin living a bigger better life instead! Hopefully having other committed people on the same long road as me will help me to stay in the game.

Replies

• jlebo0710
    jlebo0710 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Good for you for starting. I also am tired of trying and struggling to keep my motivation. Add me if you want some support and encouragement. I know sometimes we can encourage others and fail to motivate ourselves. So I'm hoping that if we motivate each other we can be successful! I also have a 100+ pounds to lose so it's going to be a long journey and I'm going to need friends. Feel free to add me!
  • gsh061691
    gsh061691 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. If I don't see the scale move i become discouraged. I am also looking to lose 100 + pounds & i could seriously use the motivation as well as give the motivation. I would love to be a part in helping you achieve your goal & I'm hoping it will help me achieve mine. You can definitely add me if you would like. :) stay positive!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat now... lost 60lbs and the scale stopped moving and it's hard to find my modivation again. I am so good all week then the weekend comes and I undo it all... it's so frustrating. I do not want to gain all that weight back!!!
  • jenchamb1
    jenchamb1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, but PLEASE stick with it!! I have lost 80lbs using mfp. I have had some lulls along the way, very discouraging but you have to keep going...just keep tracking. And also take measurements...I didn't do this but wish I had because even when the scale didn't move, my clothes seemed to get looser.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too. After losing 60lbs on here I gained all but about 30 back. I set my counter to 0lbs lost again and started over I just made it under the 100 pounds to lose again mark but I still have a long way to go! ^_^ I'm revved up to go this time and I am on the slow but steady track.
  • Ichasestorms
    Ichasestorms Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am new(ish) and looking to lose 100-110 pounds! All of my clothes are too tight, even the size 20 jeans I got for Christmas are barely fitting... and I desperately want to start a family with my husband. Time for change!

Feel free to add me!
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    anyone is free to add me. I have lost some weight already but I started out with over 100 pounds to lose. It's not easy. Hang in there everyone. Let's help one another succeed :)
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me as well, I have 70 more pounds to lose, at least. Good luck to you all!
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    What has kept me motivated, especially when I hit a lull and go a week or more without seeing a drop in weight, is the "Progress" or "Reports" weight chart. Set it on 90 days and just admire the steady loss over the last 3 months. Those little plateaus and lulls shrink to insignificance when seen in the context of a steady downward trend. :bigsmile:
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just starting today too, but feel free to add me. I need all the motivation and encourgement I can get too!
  • CandyCaneFantastic
    CandyCaneFantastic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm looking to lose at least 130 lbs...the right way. It sure takes a ton of patience! My ticker says I've lost 2 lbs, but it lies...I started at 305...my heaviest ever and have lost 13 lbs. Anyhow, feel free to add me!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jaybigp
    Jaybigp Posts: 6
    Options
    Losing weight and staying healthy is a war that you have to see as long term. It will not happen overnight, nor will it happen in a few short months. The key to losing weight is to exercise and eat right. The experts will say that eating right is 78% of the battle, the truth is that they are both critical; the more muscle you have the more calories you burn and the higher your metabolism will be.

We all watch the biggest loser adn see these people putting up crazy weight loss numbers every week. The truth is those folks are working out 6 hours a day and are on a 1200 calorie a day diet. lol

I have been super fit and I am now on a mission to get back to my 185lb. 6'2'' athletic frame. I have been working out for 4.25 months and I actually gained 6 lbs. Now that I am also ustilizing this site I have lost 8 lbs. in 2 weeks.

Please don't get discouraged, it is really easy to do when you don't see the gains fast. Just stick with it and use the community here to help you along. Do it for your kids. I am doing this to be healthy for my 2 year old son. We need to be there for our kids. You can do it!!!!

J
  • andreyadonna
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me! I'm trying to go from a start weight of 250 to 150! A solid hundred pounds and I just know I can do it and you can too!
  • bleweydgrl
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for the great support! I was feeling the pull of the takeaway tonight but now I feel less like I am in it alone and more like I can do it :)
  • Twinklewood
    Twinklewood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 to lose friend request sent. Anybody feel free to add me! :smile:
  • MissKellsbells
    Options
    Don't torture yourself! Don't feel bad! Just keep trying. Don't be so hard on yourself. The great thing about my beginning... I was about the same weight as you. The little things worked way better than the strict "Can't have" things. Now, I'm starting to have to work on the little things. You don't need to do that yet. Don't even try. Just get as much good nutrition as possible. Learn everything you can. But be weary too. Some stuff was way off, some right on. Focus on Nutrition and foods that curb our mighty appetites. Nuts are good. Let me know if you need anything.
  • gamejock829
    Options
    Hey there! I am quite the hefty dude and am looking to shed exactly 100 pounds. (I'm sure there will be more.) I have no clue who my friends were when I first started but I love getting in touch with them on MFP and what an encouragement they can be! I am more than happy to join you in this journey. If you want to, go ahead and add me and we can do this together! =D Good luck!
  • timodawson
    timodawson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. When I started I had about 190lbs to lose. Now I have close to 150lbs to lose. :-)
  • adrake611
    adrake611 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose and I'm always looking for more friends. I'm active every day. Anyone can feel free to send me a request!