Eating 2800 calories and starving

Options
Thisis the first time I've really dieted to hit a certain fat percentage and, it's daft but I'm absolutely starving by cutting calories by 300,it's going to take more willpower than I thought lol, how do you guys feel you get on when eating in a calorie defecit?

Replies

• krystalgwen
    krystalgwen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Its difficult because when your eating so much your stomach stretches to what it needs too and when you start to eat less there is no doubt that there will be hunger because your stomach has to shrink down to size, it wont last forever. Stay strong and motivated :)
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I'm defiantly finding it hard as well.
    Especially during the week, as when im at work I find im not as hungry as im keeping busy and stressed,
    But as soon as the weekends and my days off come I find it hard to stick to my limit. Even when kept busy at home. I find myself snooping in the cupboards!
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The first week after bumping your calories down can be difficult. Depending on how you were eating previously you might be able to make some changes to increase the amount of food volume you have per day which might help you feel fuller. That's one of the reasons bodybuilders stereotypically exist on chicken and broccoli.
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it. Exactly as Krystal said, it takes a while. I drink water to help trick my mind into thinking I'm not as hungry. :) Gum also helps!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    personally I would just eat the 300 calories if your really starving. It's not worth it to me to deprive myself (especially constantly) just to look good. If your body fat percentage changed I wouldn't even be able to tell sorry to say. just a different way to look at it.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    The first week after bumping your calories down can be difficult. Depending on how you were eating previously you might be able to make some changes to increase the amount of food volume you have per day which might help you feel fuller. That's one of the reasons bodybuilders stereotypically exist on chicken and broccoli.

This.

Your diary is closed so there are no specific suggestions I could make but a shift away from carbs towards protein and fat will help you feel fuller, longer. Add in a ton of veggies and you can fill your belly without going over your calorie allotment.

ETA: It doesn't have to be chicken and broccoli. Fish, lean beef, eggs are all good. The veggies, you almost can't go wrong there. (Eating 10 avocados would take a chunk of calories but most veggies are almost free)
  • owenmhartley
    owenmhartley Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Aw thanks for the replies guys :) yeah it's takes a lot more will power than anything else I think, I'm gonna stay strong tho lol
  • owenmhartley
    owenmhartley Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm defiantly finding it hard as well.
    Especially during the week, as when im at work I find im not as hungry as im keeping busy and stressed,
    But as soon as the weekends and my days off come I find it hard to stick to my limit. Even when kept busy at home. I find myself snooping in the cupboards!
    I'm gonna take myself down the gym otherwise I'll eat everything I the cupboards haha
  • Alanhalil
    Alanhalil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think if you change what you eat you may not necessarily need to go down in calories to achieve your goal. Cut out the bread, so no more sandwiches at all, just live off salads with chunks of chicken breast.

I've also found that it really helps to drink as much water as possible while eating. Kind of fools your belly into thinking it's more full than it is.

Also, bananas are the most filling fruit for their calorie count. I can't recommend them enough.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've been eating at a deficit for so long that I almost never get truly hungry. You adapt.