HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOOSE WEIGHT?

Options
I've just started working out more often the last few weeks doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I am currently in the middle of level 2. Although the scale tells me I have lost weight, when did you notice a body change when looking in the mirror?

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice a body shape change when looking in the mirror. Infact, the most significant, rewarding and motivating change was clothes beginning to become looser and looser until they literally dropped off. This made my day more than any scale movement or measurement changes.

Enjoy your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    For me, it was how I felt before how I looked. It was easier to get up the steps and my clothes felt better, too! The visual came next - and I had to double take! (Eventually took my measurements, which was a gratifying eye opener, as well.)

Good luck and have fun!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    it's been just a little over 5 months for me.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Patience & consistency are key. Be sure to take every measurement knkown to man, NOT just the scale. In fact, throw it out.

I started lifting one year ago. I am down a mere ten pounds...but the changes happening are phenomenal. I am down two full sizes, I am tightening up in many happy places (including the girls! Huzzah!), and my energy is off the charts.

I have also lost several inches, gone from a 22 to now an almost-16, and have lost 8% body fat. So ten pounds doesn't sound like a lot, but it's HUGE.