Needing some motivation/support

Hello all, I originally signed up for MFP in 2011 and lost 35 pounds in like 8 months with counting my calories and exercising (primarily Zumba). I then gained all that weight back plus 10 pounds which left me depressed and frustrated. I have lost about 7 pounds so far but finding it extremely hard to get back that motivation I once had!! I really need some suggestions/pointers to get my rear in gear. Plus I could use some more MFP friends to hold me accountable. Please help!!! Thanks for listening!!

Replies

• carla22752
    carla22752 Posts: 4 Member
    I am in the same boat. I had lost 70. I ran into some health issues, stopped dieting, and ended up gaining back a little over 30 of it back. I am having such a hard time finding the motivation that before. Here it is spring and none of my clothes fit and I'm sitting here with my bottom lip out and no motivation to do anything about it. So here I am...back on mfp trying to dig up the courage to get back on track. I will send you a friend's request. Maybe we can help each other. :)
  • mandapanda0925
    mandapanda0925 Posts: 7 Member
    That sounds great, thanks Carla! :-)
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    One thing that I've read is that motivation is what gets you started, but discipline is what keeps you going. Nobody stays super motivated all the time, but people who can stay disciplined because they focus on their goals and what they want for their health tend to be successful. Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends!