10 months and 50lbs gone

Options
sarzo14
sarzo14 Posts: 35 Member
I started my journey 10 month ago and I'm now almost done, I have only about 5lbs to go, 155 is my goal weight at 5'10".
It hit me when I got to 209, which is amost 100kg and I would not let myself go further, even though my friends told me yeah you look fine you are tall... I actually don't know if I was 209 it might have been more but I was 209lbs in January 2013 when I managed to ggo on my scale, but I didn't weigh myself until I got to 187 :D I was just to scared. So I stared my weight loss journey without knowing how much I weigh :P
At that time I started with Insanity and counting calories (but I stopped with insanity workout after 1 month :D but maintained my active life). I'm so thankful I found out about calorie counting bacause I now have the figure as a few years ago in high school. I used to play volleyball seriously, but retired when I was 18 years old, and then I started to gain weight until I got to 209. I'm now 22 years old and so I was not overweight for a long time, but I got the the BMI 30 which is obese :O
In a few weeks an anual volleyball championship is comming and I have a picture from last year, I can't wait to get the same one this year. But I do have some other pictures from my weight loss journey.

209lbs and 187lbs
vpxpo7.png

174lbs and 160lbs
2zfu3o6.png

This the picture from my volleyball championship (just before I started)
29p6lph.jpg

This is my success story :))

Replies

• lauramblair
    lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Well done!
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    Nice,congratulations!
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Excellent work. Congratulations on all your hard work.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing achievment! well done!! :-)
  • SnugglePuggles
    Options
    You look like a new person. Nice job!
  • Day58
    Day58 Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I started the same place, 5'10" and 209 lbs (much older than you though) and I got the same "You are tall, you carry it well" comments. We know, though, when we don't look the way we want. I think you've made amazing progress and you look fantastic. Congratulations!
  • Ktmax456
    Ktmax456 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! I weigh 206 trying to get to 160.Im five ten too. How many calories were/are you eating?
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You have such a lovely figure! Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Great job, friend!! :):)
  • sarzo14
    sarzo14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ktmsx456 I started with only 1400 calories but after 3 months I uped them to 1600 and after 3 months to 1800, now I'm eating 2000 cslories and I'm in no hurry to lose the last 5lbs I just wamt them off until summer :)
  • qtfrog99
    qtfrog99 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, such an inspiration to us all wanting to lose:)
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great Result and so inspiring :smile:
  • slimmalikah
    slimmalikah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!