How many calories???

Options
Today my sweetie and I are going to be cleaning up after a flood in our basement. We'll be carrying buckets of mud up some stairs to dump them... what would I call this in my exercise journal? I don't want to undereat today. How much would that burn???

Replies

• rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    x amount of minutes on a stair-climber carrying approx. x amount of weight

approximately
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    If you have a HRM wear it! If not, you might be able to count it as an exercise like hiking carrying a pack/gear or something? That might be close?
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    There's a "walking, upstairs" option in the exercise diary. As far as calories burned- the only way to know for sure (or most accurately at least) is to buy a heart rate monitor. The calories burned on this site, and any site for that matter, are just estimates. Your specific age and weight are not factored in...
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I agree with Karin I think it would be equivalent to hiking?

or even the stair climbing, but then what about the weight?

I just looked they have Hiking - climbing hills (Carrying <10lb load) or Hiking, Climbing hills (carrying 10-20lb load) for 60 minutes it said 863 calories for me. So make sure you Drink lots of water or Gatorade and eat a good lunch and dinner to accommodate for all your doing!
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! :)