Ground beef

Options
blonditz
blonditz Posts: 83 Member
Having trouble logging ground beef. I type in ground beef cooked and whatever % it is. Search results come up with quite a few different choices and they're drastically different. Help?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Having trouble logging ground beef. I type in ground beef cooked and whatever % it is. Search results come up with quite a few different choices and they're drastically different. Help?

Weigh it raw, log it, done
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    i weigh it raw. then it's basically down to choosing regular, lean or extra lean.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Is there any way that you can search your own ground beer's nutritional value online? And then "create" your own food in the system? I always guess on that too and I am sure it makes a big difference!
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Never mind...this was a WAY better answer than mine :)
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'll try to weight it raw tonight. Thanks.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    i weigh it raw. then it's basically down to choosing regular, lean or extra lean.

More this though..the % of fat to meat ratio is important as well for macros.

I always eat lean or extra lean so I choose the 90/10 or 95/5 ratio.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options

Question. Why weigh it raw? What you get out of it after cooked isn't the same amount.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Question. Why weigh it raw? What you get out of it after cooked isn't the same amount.

The nutritional information on the package is "as is", so you need to weigh your meats prior to cooking them to get accurate information. A common issue people have, they over eat very quickly thinking they can weigh their cooked burger