What Is YOUR Fitness Music Genre?

Options
2»

Replies

• Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking I use metal, hip-hop, funk and hard rock. Basically, something that has an amazingly fast beat. I have to pluck the correct songs off any album to keep that beat fast or I have to be ready on the FF button if I didn't have the time to do that. Usually I do.

So, let's see, that includes but is not limited to Black Eyed Peas, Outkast, Beastie Boys, Funkadelic, Eminem, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Megadeth, The Isley Brothers, Rage Against The Machine, Everlast, 311, Disturbed, Judas Priest, Faith No More, Slave, Heatwave, Bootsy Collins, One Way, Ministry, Manson, and many others. But these change pretty quickly. I rotate them if they start to get stale.

Full-speed ahead! I can't use the slower songs. They do nothing for me during a workout. I want to keep up a certain pace the entire 50 to 60 minutes.
  • nurseandi
    Options
    Punk rock. end
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Hip hop and dance/pop. Not techno though because I like to have lyrics to listen to :)
  • agilbertson10
    Options
    Well, hmmm. Of course anything upbeat is good I don't generally care for hip hop however, i took a kick boxing class that used that type of music and it was very pumping. Now for me I like songs that make we want to dance: wether that be a techno song, rock song or even an oldie lol. If i am on the treadmill though I prefer to listen to audiobooks...they kinda take you away from the burn and you don't notice the pain as much also, a book or movie or whatever makes the time fly by and before you know it your done with your work out. Don't know how much this helped but go with your own beat.
  • agilbertson10
    Options
    :embarassed: OMG! lol, i thought it was just me haha. Eye of the Tiger makes me move! every time I hear this song I start punchin my arms out in front of me. haha i don't even realize until i see myself doing it on a singstar video.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Well, hmmm. Of course anything upbeat is good I don't generally care for hip hop however, i took a kick boxing class that used that type of music and it was very pumping. Now for me I like songs that make we want to dance: wether that be a techno song, rock song or even an oldie lol. If i am on the treadmill though I prefer to listen to audiobooks...they kinda take you away from the burn and you don't notice the pain as much also, a book or movie or whatever makes the time fly by and before you know it your done with your work out. Don't know how much this helped but go with your own beat.

The audio books are a good idea! I like losing myself in my thoughts and being taken far away into another land when I walk or jog. :wink:
  • davidcookfan
    davidcookfan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hmm i like all sorts. OF course i listen to David Cook, Adam Lambert, Bon Jovi, Lady Gaga, Pink
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd man out LOL I listen to upbeat country. Rascal Flatts, David Houser, Jason Aldean, Justin Moore, etc lol Rascal Flatts is my absolute favorite I listen to them ALL the time but its great to workout to
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    Hmm i like all sorts. OF course i listen to David Cook, Adam Lambert, Bon Jovi, Lady Gaga, Pink

I really like to listen to Lady Gaga's Bad Romance when I jog. Good one to have on the playlist. :wink:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Metal, real punk aka bad brains, black flag,etc and electro(dubstep, d&b) and electropop/indie!!!
  • fafa1234
    Options
    System Of A Down! If you like metal, these guys are perfect for the stationary bike...they are relentlessly fast!