Need tips to up water consumption.

Options

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Get vitamin water or crystal light or something.

Also a cute cup helps. Idk why, it just does.

Edit - typos o:
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle of water on my desk and in the car. Also I have a rule "if i want to eat, I have to drink" So every time I go to eat, I have to drink at least 8 ounces - usually it's closer to 12-16 because of my pint glass that sits on the counter during the day. If I want breakfast - I drink a glass first, snack - drink first, Lunch Drink first. - you get the idea -

By doing this I drink way more than I used too ---- Also - I can't drink it COLD - hurts my teeth - but I can drink that 12-16 ounces in 4-5 big swigs pretty quickly while making something to eat. (Not to mention it helps fill me up so I don't eat so much). Plus I always have the glass at meals too -
  • NutritionallyChallenged
    Options
    Thanks you all for the helpful/funny tips. And thank you also for the smart-aleck, not even remotely helpful comment, glad you didn't have anything more important to do than mock someone who was only looking for helpful tips to a healthier life.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Drink until your urine color is clear.

...that's what I do.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I hate to state the obvious, but if you work out hard enough, you'll be dying for water. I don't like to drink water/fluids either, I can get through an entire meal with just a sip or two. But after a brisk walk, I will down 2 full glasses like it's going out of style. :bigsmile:
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I also drink water until my urine turns clear. every time I think of food or feel hungry, i drink. bored, drink, at work drink.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The easiest way is to just drink what you like, and stop worrying about arbitrary things. Drink when you are thirsty, stop when you aren't. Everything you drink that isn't hard liquor hydrates you just as well as plain water (so, juice, milk, soda, coffee, tea, beer, etc.) You even get plenty of water from food you eat.

^^^^ This. The "8 glasses of water a day" is completely arbitrary (it was picked because it's easy to remember). Trust your thirst......
  • CindyCabrera2013
    CindyCabrera2013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with the water bottles. I drink mine out of a VOSS glass bottle. IDK but for me it makes a difference lol
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You probably don't need to drink more water. The 8 glasses thing is a myth.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    This might sound silly, but I found a water bottle I really liked and that helped me pick it up more throughout the day and drink more from it.

Agreed. Simple fix. I think you slurp more through a straw ;)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    1- Pour water into mouth.
    2- Swallow.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just keep a bottle with me at all times, and try and drink a sip every 5 minutes or something.
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Here's how I do it:

1 glass of water when I wake up
    2 glasses of water between 10am-12pm
    1 glass of water before lunch
    2 glasses of water between 12pm-2pm
    1 glass of water before dinner
    1 glass of water before bed

Also, I generally drink about 3 glasses of water when I workout so some days I go over 8.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Slice half a cucumber and put the slices in a pitcher of water. So good!
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When I first dropped everything else to drink water, I started out with Crystal Light. For the longest time, that was all I drank. I eventually switched over to water. I do have a bottle that I like to drink out of, and I have water that tastes good. That makes a difference too. Good luck!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Slice half a cucumber and put the slices in a pitcher of water. So good!

That's what I did today as a matter of fact! Lemon, lime, apple and orange slices are good, so are a few chopped up raspberries and blueberries. You get the taste without all the sugar, calories, etc., or so I'm told because you only use a couple of tablespoons.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Anybody have helpful/healthy tips on how to make drinking water easier? I've been trying to have my eight glasses a day but it's just so darn boring. I would always rather eat than drink something and I definitely want to change that.

Use Crystal Light, Mio, or powerade squeezes.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    Drink more water. This is the ultimate first world problem, with the easiest solution.

Weight loss in general is a "first world problem" under your logic. If water intake/weight loss are first world problems that are so easy to solve, why are we all (including YOU) on this website? Jeez. Way to be a downer!!

ANYWAY, to the OP: I agree that finding a water bottle you love makes a huge difference. Back when I was getting used to increasing my water intake I used mio and crystal light liquid flavorings (near the other crystal light/koolaid type items in the grocery store). It really helped to get me started and now I love drinking water. My friends make fun of me because I'm ALWAYS carrying a bottle :)
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am able to drink more water when it is not iced down.
  • me11yc
    me11yc Posts: 8
    Options
    the best way that works for me is a big glass (2 cups) before breakfast, before lunch, in the afternoon and before dinner....that's my 8 cups for the day. I usually drink it fast without stopping....