Adding exercise.. new here

Options
Hi, so I added my time on my elliptical, but for my other things such as squats, crunches, step-ups ect. how do I put that in. I saw where you can search but then you put in minutes that you do that exercise, I do not count min. I count the amount. Any way to add this or should I just keep tabs on that myself

Thanks

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I never log any of my exercise. I focus on hitting my calorie goal (with the amount of calories burned during the workout accounted for) and pushing hard in my workouts. It's worked great for me so far.

Allan
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I take a look at the clock before I begin my workout and then I look at the clock when I'm finished. I simply log one time for weight training. I keep track of the weight and reps for my own information.
  • wub726
    wub726 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I suggest a good heart rate monitor. That way you can track your caloric burn and enter that. I have a polar that can be connected to a PC and it records the data. I love it and I have been using it for years.
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When I do the elliptical, I use the the calorie count on the machine (usually a little lower) rather than MFP because I don't know WHERE MFP gets it's elliptical calorie count, but it's astronomical.

For non-cardio, I usually toggle between "calisthenics" (they have moderate and intense options), "weight training", and "stretching" depending on what I do. I generally look at the clock and then subtract a few minutes (time switching exercises or machines, water breaks, etc).

If you want accurate calorie counting, I really suggest getting a HRM.
  • amanda_oc
    amanda_oc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I do the elliptical, I use the the calorie count on the machine (usually a little lower) rather than MFP because I don't know WHERE MFP gets it's elliptical calorie count, but it's astronomical.

For non-cardio, I usually toggle between "calisthenics" (they have moderate and intense options), "weight training", and "stretching" depending on what I do. I generally look at the clock and then subtract a few minutes (time switching exercises or machines, water breaks, etc).

If you want accurate calorie counting, I really suggest getting a HRM.

Is it not the case that MFP exercise calories are generally more accurate, because they're based on your measurements?