Do you hold the record for the world's longest plateau?

Options
Please share.

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in plateaus. 2.5 years of going up and down with my weight, and I've never experienced one.

If water/glycogen isn't masking weight loss, you are eating too much.
  • Lauren5280
    Lauren5280 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was blaming my lack of weight loss on a plateau and then I started weighing my food instead of measuring. My calories are now in check and the weight is coming off again. I've learned that measuring food isn't good enough and when I got honest then things started changing.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Twice now I've plateaued for about 3-4 months, and then suddenly lost a bunch and then go back to steady losing. I'm down to the last ten pounds, and I've been plateaued again for the past few months so I'm hoping to slough a bunch off soon!
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've plateaued as such but my weight loss has slowed down. I'm eating the same healthy diet and exercising 6 times a week which matches the start of my journey. For me I think it a natural thing to slow down. I often worry about hitting a plateau but hopefully my worries won't become reality.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I don’t really believe in plateaus as well. They are man created. I have only plateaued for a week or 2 during my girly time. Every week either my body fat% and or my weight decreases. Something is wrong if you are in a plateau longer then a couple of weeks. Another poster said weigh your food. This is true. So many things here that could be wrong. Are you checking your body fat %? My weight has staid the same the last 4 weeks however my body fat went down 2%!!! I wouldn’t rely on the scale to tell you what you are doing.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I win! I was 240 lbs for over 10 years!

Then I did something about it.

:wink:

ETA: Serious answer: I hit ONEderland two or three weeks ago and haven't budged an ounce since. I keep doing the same thing though and one day, BAM! I'll go down three or four pounds all at once. It is my body's way of teasing me, I decided.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I win! I was 240 lbs for over 10 years!

Then I did something about it.

:wink:

ETA: Serious answer: I hit ONEderland two or three weeks ago and haven't budged an ounce since. I keep doing the same thing though and one day, BAM! I'll go down three or four pounds all at once. It is my body's way of teasing me, I decided.

Haha, I was going to say something like this. I hovered around 170 since I was 14 or so, which is when I stopped growing. It stayed like that until I actually changed my habits!