============================

Ingredients:
- Smoked Salmon, 4 slices
- 1 Avocado (Medium)
- 4 Spinach leaves
- 4 Red Onion slices
- 2 tablespoon of Capers
- Toasted Integral Bread (4 slices)

Produces 4 salmon toasts, serves 4 persons as a appetizer, or 2 persons as a meal.

This snack is super easy to prepare (5mn, no cooking), and super rich in protein and omega 3 fatty acid ("good" fat).

Just follow those simple steps:

> make sure you get a ripe avocado, cut it and half and spread the avocado on the toasted bread. If it's ripe enough, it should just spread as butter. (tip: if your avocado is too green, don't cut it yet and keep it out of the fridge for a couple of days until its shell turn a brownish-black color)

> Add a spinach leave (chopped) on each toast
> Add a slice of smoked salmon per toast.
> Top it up with the chopped onions and capers.

Et voilà!

The good:
- high protein content
- high fiber content
- rich in omega 3 fatty acid

The bad:
- high Sodium content

Nutrition Facts:
................................Calories....Carbs........Fat .......Protein.....Sugar........Sodium
Total (4 toasts)........467...........51.............22.........29.............6...............1000
Per Toast.................117..........13...............6...........7..............2................250

Replies

• irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    that sounds extreamly insanely tastey! I didn't used to like advacados unless they were quacamole, oddly enough only w/lemon and a little salt. Then I got preggers w/my last boy and craved them like crazy. He loved them too.. wish he still did. Turns out they are like the perfect 1st food for babies and has phyto chemicals critical for brain development.