Looking for opinions about my fitness profile. HELP!

Options
On the fitness profile it gives the following choices for activity levels:

Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)
Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesman)
Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)
Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)

I know I am not in the Sedentary, and not in the Very active, but am having trouble choosing between the two others. My occupation is a house cleaner. I spend most of the day on my feet, moving around, scrubbing things, and carrying our bags and equipment around. I am not sure how to classify "a good part of the day". I am paid for about 8 hours of work a day, 6 days a week, but estimate that I am physically moving or on my feet for only about 5 to 6 hours of that.

Do you suppose that it is better to go with lightly active and add a few hours of exercise or go with active and not put in any extra activity?? Please respond and let me know what everyone thinks!
THANKS!

Replies

• vickidiane13
    vickidiane13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Lightly Active as your normal activity level. If you exercise beyond your normal daily activities log it separate.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I used to clean houses and would definitely call it "active". Scrubbing all day is hard labor!!

I personally would set it as "active" and 2 pound loss per week. Adjust in a couple weeks if needed.
  • GMStb10
    GMStb10 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes I would go with active for your job, your not just on your feet all day it is active. All other exercise outside work I would log as separate. Hope that helps.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    That sounds definitely like "active". Cleaning for even three hours every day would be a lot of work!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    most definately active.

Scrubbing gives a good core workout. Constantly moving furniture, carrying heavy buckets of water, cleaning walls etc.