Rest Days

Options
Hey guys

For the past 2 weeks , I was working out decently during the week, and resting on either Saturday or Sunday. I think I'm making the mistake of doing nothing on Sunday. It feels weird not doing anything on rest days. So I'll humble myself to you guys. What do you do on your rest days?

Replies

• rlp1975
    rlp1975 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Walk, lots of walking.... lol
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sleep, then housework (maybe), then a nap.

RlSVy3b.gif
  • alathIN
    alathIN Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Recovery is important. I think the best way to understand fitness building is the stress-adaptation model. When you exercise, you are putting a stress on your body. When you allow recovery time, your body adapts. The stress-stress-stress model is not good for anything other than getting injured.

I will do a park walk or a family bike ride or similar low intensity activity on a Sunday, but that's it. No intense nuthin'.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Make sleepy time. Not sleepy ? Lift heavier during the week for only 4 days.
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I go with the active rest day....I usually do a mild yoga or body flow class.
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I push myself pretty hard Mon - Sat so my rest day (Sun) is much appreciated.

What I do - my husband is deployed and off on Sundays ... we spend all day talking and on cam since it's the only day we can do that.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Make sleepy time. Not sleepy ? Lift heavier during the week for only 4 days.

Oh, how true this has been for me! For years I would sleep eight hours or less. Now that I am doing a formal lifting program I am sleeping 10 hours a night on weeknights and 10-12 hours on weekends. At first I was worried about it, now I have decided it's a good thing. I don't know if it's true, but I like to think that it is similar to when I was kid and was developing new growth. I slept well then, too.
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thnaks for the great input and opinions on rest days guys. Think Im going to start doing light walks on rest day now. :)