In desperate need of motivation

Options
I have been off and on weight loss for a few years, lose a little, give up and gain more back. I need to have surgery sometime this summer and I need to lose about 30 pounds (probably more like 50, but I'll be thrilled with 30) I have probably started too late to achieve that before summer but I'm trying.

I started two weeks ago doing 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels, I am on day 9 of level 1. For the first two weeks I walked 2 miles on the treadmill every morning and a few days my mom and I walked about 3 miles to our downtown. I know that I wasn't going to lose massive amounts of weight in just those few days, but I kind of expected to see something. I didn't take measurements or weigh myself because I'm scared that if I did that and went back and re-measured/weighed and didn't see a change I would quit.

Can someone please tell me that the results are coming? My heart says stick with it but my brain says just give up, you've failed. I know I CAN'T give up, I HAVE to lose this weight one way or another but the motivation to continue is starting to get shaky.

Starting this morning I walked 3 miles (I'm going to bump it up 1 mile every two weeks) and we'll try to walk to town a few days a week and I'll start level 2 30DS on Wednesday. Does this sound like enough? I am trying to eat right, I've given up fries for lent (It's not unusual for me to eat a med. order a day :noway: ) so hopefully that will have some effect too.

Sorry for the long winded post but I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading. :ohwell: