I have a serious problem, . .

Options
So, i have a problem with eating. I mean i just eat to eat. Is there any advice someone can give me to help me?

Replies

• mariepreston1995
    Options
    Count calories.
  • jcalicott
    jcalicott Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i do on here anhd another place, but i can just be sitting there and pick up food just to eat it, without thinking about it
  • Ichasestorms
    Ichasestorms Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lock up your food and try to be mindful of what your hands are doing!
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Are you bored? I eat when I'm bored or if anything is in reach of my computer desk when I'm gaming. My advice is to not keep any food or drink by you except a water bottle, that way you actually have to think about it and get up to get food.
  • jcalicott
    Options
    Yes!! ill be playing online and have something next to me and just eat it. ill keep water with me everywhere
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Some things I used to do when I was like this was to choose behaviours that aren't associated with eating. For example, I would have a bath, go for a walk, talk on the phone, or even go to bed early and read or sleep. This worked for me. Sometimes I drank large glasses of ice water, which I enjoy, instead of eating. I guess black coffee or tea could do the trick too.

Some people notice he times of day when they have the least control and budget their day so that they can eat more at those times. For example, they may skip breakfast and have a late night snack instead. It's hard to break a habit. You just have to take it one day at a time. Don't fret if one day isn't perfect. Some people also suggest repeating a new behaviour for twenty one days to form a new habit. Good luck.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Maybe don't do that.
  • jcalicott
    Options
    got any advice then?
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    If you want a snack, portion it out, and put the rest away. You can't mindlessly eat what's not there. :)
  • goldtintedspecs
    Options
    Chop 3 pounds of carrots in advance and snack on those. No dip. Have a huge bottle of water with you at all times. Eliminate all other snackfoods from the house if you can.
    You'll either get addicted to carrots, or quit the habit. Win-win :)
  • Meekipanda
    Options
    Drink more water and eat foods that are more fullfilling than just junk food. Have food in your house that requires you to do something with it, not just pop it in your mouth so that you convince yourself that its not worth the time to spend cooking it so you don't eat it.

Also, there really is nothing wrong with eating. If you hungry, eat something. Its just about eating the right kinds of food.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Take up knitting. It keeps your hands and your mind busy. No time for snacking.
  • Meekipanda
    Options
    Take up knitting. It keeps your hands and your mind busy. No time for snacking.

LOL! I took up crocheting as an alternative to spending all my free time on the computer and I think I'm developing callouses on my fingers.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Think about why you eat. Are you bored? Tired? Sad? Angry?
    Try to work on that, get more active, see a therapist if needed.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Find a hobby that has nothing to do with food. I recommend bike riding. It is impossible to mindlessly snack when you're riding a bike.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Maybe don't do that then
    got any advice then?

say no to yourself...
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it in the first place. Buy food that can be used to make meals, not a bunch of snack foods.

Tell yourself no.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    my advice comes from nancy raegan .."just say no" ….
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Stop buying those things that you snack on. It's helps lots for me! If the crackers and chips and ice cream aren't available then they can't be eaten.

Oh, and I've taken up knitting too! LOL I've almost finished my 2nd scarf! What am I gonna do with all of them if I continue?!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Advice = words. Words will not help you. Self-control