How many cal will i have to burn with exercise?

Options
How many calories will i have to burn (not counting my BMR) through gymwork and walking places ect EACH DAY, in order to lose a kg in a week?

Im a 20 year old female who weighs 219 pounds and is 5ft 5.5 inches, and i plan on eating about 1200 calories a day.

(1200 cal isnt hard for me to maintain right now, in fact im constantly having to eat extra food at night to meet the 1200 for the day)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If you only eat 1200 calories at your weight, you will not be able to exercise at all. You will just be fainting in a couple of weeks from exhaustion.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    None - weight loss is through your diet you should be eating your exercise calories back to give you the energy to exercise (or a portion of them)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I agree don't try and exercise on 1200 calories a day..except maybe a 20min low intensity walk.

1kg a week is 2.2lbs which is agressive...and is for people who have over 100lbs to lose.

Put 1lb a week into your weekly weight loss goal, put your activity level in and eat those calories and you will lose 1lb a week.

then if you want to exercise do that...eat back some of those calories and you will still lose 1lb a week.

What you are suggesting is not sustainable and you will fail eventually.

You say 1200 isn't hard and you are often trying to find food to get to that mark...that's because you aren't eating normally with reduced portions...do you plan on eating just salads, low fat etc for the rest of your life??? I doubt it. That is why eating at a reasonable calorie deficet and including all the food you love and want to eat is the better way of losing weight.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How are you arriving at this 1200 calorie intake level?