Can't seem to get rid of that pooch?

Options
Hey. So for a few years now I've really been letting myself go (no proper exercise for 3+ years, diet wasn't too bad though). Fortunately, I have a nice metabolism so I didn't put on that much weight. However, I used to have a flat, toned/muscular stomach aaaaggeeeesss ago, and I'd like to get that back. But I cant seem to get rid of that annoying pooch bit on my stomach!

Here's some info about me:

Height: 151 cm
Weight: 45.9 kg
Exercise: Lightly active? (Not sure about this, but I attend bootcamp three times a week, and burn an average of about 200 calories off each time, walk to school 5 days a week, about 1.6 kilometres there and back)
Calories per day: 1200
Body fat%: 21 %
Muscle Mass: 38.9 %

Any advice to lose this belly fat would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that belly far is the last to go. :( I don't really have any advice though, sorry! Do you do plenty of tummy exercises? The declining crunch bench at my gym has helped my stomach tremendously.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    With that activity level, I doubt you're "Lightly" active. To remove the pooch, you can't spot reduce. You'll need to check your 'diet' (meaning food, not 'you're on a diet') and incorporate strength training.

See this awesome group on how to get your Macros in check.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13