New Here

stargazr246
stargazr246 Posts: 8
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! My name is Robin and I 'm looking to meet people that can help keep me motivated to lose weight. I have a hard time keeping with it and my weight is going in the wrong direction. My husband and I moved to a new state recently and I don't know many people here. The town we live in is where he grew up. It's very small and everyone knows everyone so I feel very much an outsider here. :frown:

Replies

• I know what it feels like to move somewhere new! Especially when everyone knows your Hubby! I sent an add request! We will help each other! This site is great and the people are wonderful! You'll love it here! WELCOME!!! :flowerforyou:
  • You will get no end of support here on your journey xxx
  • Hi robin, I have just recently started fitness pal. I agree it is hard to get motivated. but try to come on here and record everything that you eat and you will see a difference in no time. Exercise is a big key which I lack of but trying everyday. Wish you luck and postive energy for your weight loss goals!!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other! Glad to have you hear - keep me posted on your journey!
  • The good thing is that in a small town, you're more likely to be able to walk places - you can get to know the area (and maybe some people) while getting exercise at the same time. You'll never lack for motivation and support here; everyone's so positive and helpful!
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Hi, Robin! Welcome to MFP! You have found a great spot for support, friendship, encouragement and motivation.

My first husband and I moved around ALOT. I totally understand how you feel. At one point we lived in his hometown which had maybe 200 people in it and all his family. Even though we were married, I never really carved out my niche in that little map dot. Actually I guess I never really carved out my niche with him either... lol... hence, the divorce.

Anyway, so glad to have you here. Look forward to talking with you along the way!

Susan
This discussion has been closed.