A big Breakfast is only 615 calories???

I don't even know what it is.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I don't even know what it is.

mcdonalds-Big-Breakfast-Regular-Size-Biscuit.png

I want one now. With a large diet coke. McDonald's has the best diet coke.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

It's only eggs, sausage, a biscuit and a hashbrown. Sounds about right.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    If you eat around 1500 calories a day, you've still got plenty of calories to work with, and if you exercise, you'll have even more. You can even have a decent lunch. No reason at all to get bent out of shape over this.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I was thinking a breakfast sandwich/meal with hash brown was a bit higher. But I guess for just a sausage biscuit it would be about right.

I stopped getting McDonalds breakfast. Now that I see most of their breakfast sandwiches have between 25-33g protein, I may need to rethink that.
  • randomtai
    Options

I was thinking a breakfast sandwich/meal with hash brown was a bit higher. But I guess for just a sausage biscuit it would be about right.

I stopped getting McDonalds breakfast. Now that I see most of their breakfast sandwiches have between 25-33g protein, I may need to rethink that.

I get an english muffin with egg and steak and I get 27g of protein in 360 calories. Definitely rethink their breakfasts. :smile:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

I get an english muffin with egg and steak and I get 27g of protein in 360 calories. Definitely rethink their breakfasts. :smile:

We don't have that in the UK, but I get an egg, bacon and cheese muffin for 345 cals and 20g protein. I get the 'I thought you were on a diet?' comment a lot. :laugh:
  • Sophie_UK
    Sophie_UK Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We do get the big breakfast in the UK :)
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    One of the best mental changes that helped me sustain my weight loss, was stop sweating a bad day eating wise. As a matter of fact, occasionally, maybe once every two weeks, I will just eat whatever I want to give my metabolism a shock.

Don't sweat it, don't think of anything as ruined, just look at it as a treat for yourself and forget about it. If you beat yourself up about it you will find yourself craving more bad food.

One or two days of eating junk can't ruin you. I ate junk for 42 years.
  • Sophie_UK
    Sophie_UK Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my personal favourite is the sausage egg and cheese bagel, pre dieting days. However I might try and fit one in now I'm following IIFYM!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    What I love in this site is that there are people who would be there behind your back and support especially in times like this. Your family may doubt about your weight loss or eat healthy regime but that does not suppose to make you down.

one big breakfast - done.

The next time, if ever they insist, have a little bite or take your share and walk out. Go for a walk and get some air. Get back to the house when the food is probably done.
  • taniabeth78
    taniabeth78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel...I had a friend or two that would do this to me...beg to go out to eat, then tell me diet is off for the night/day. One friend I had to end the friendship with because it was a very unhealthy relationship when all she tried to do was sabotage. The others gave in, because they see how happy and healthy I am becoming, and actually a couple even try to order the same way now when we go out. I do have cheat day once a week, so the hubby doesnt feel totally deprived (he also has to be careful about what he eats so this keeps him on track). Maybe you need to let yourself have cheat day every so often. It will help you feel less guilty and keeps you motivated because you were allowed to have your fix
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As long as you track the meal, move on. You'll probably find you still won't go over your calorie goal for the week. As for the pizza, try to take a walk this afternoon and make a big salad to go on the side. No reason at all to obsess over a few extra calories as long as you log it.
  • taniabeth78
    Options
    And I know how you feel about mcdonalds. It makes me sick now just to walk in there and take a whiff.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with a McDonalds big breakfast.

Big breakfast:
    Cals: 615
    Protein: 28g
    Fat: 36g

Pancakes with syrup:
    Cals: 530
    Protein: 8g
    Fat: 8g

Out of the two, for the sake of an extra 85 calories, I'd have chosen the big breakfast. It's got a decent amount of protein and fat to keep you full. The pancakes are just carbs and sugar - not that there's anything wrong with carbs and sugar, but it's not going to satisfy you for long.

Stop stressing so much about one day and labeling certain food as inherently unhealthy. Don't exercise yourself to death today because you feel guilty - it's not a healthy way to look at exercise. Get a workout in because you enjoy it, drink plenty of water, and enjoy your pizza, just don't go overboard. It's a new day tomorrow.

+1

+2

She gave you the more nutritionally sound option. You should thank her.

+3

Drink some water, eat some lighter foods for lunch (just to ease the ick feeling) and remember, it's just food!
    One day will not ruin your progress!!
  • randomtai
    Options
    I know how you feel...I had a friend or two that would do this to me...beg to go out to eat, then tell me diet is off for the night/day. One friend I had to end the friendship with because it was a very unhealthy relationship when all she tried to do was sabotage. The others gave in, because they see how happy and healthy I am becoming, and actually a couple even try to order the same way now when we go out. I do have cheat day once a week, so the hubby doesnt feel totally deprived (he also has to be careful about what he eats so this keeps him on track). Maybe you need to let yourself have cheat day every so often. It will help you feel less guilty and keeps you motivated because you were allowed to have your fix

I think you missed the point.
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This whole thread just makes me want Mcdonalds breakfast XD Which is bad because my roommate had me do a new year's resolution with her to quit eating fast food :( (She's stuck in the mentality of "eating healthy" as opposed to tracking calories for weight loss - which *SHOCK* isn't working for her)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    You’re going to fall down from time to time, just pick yourself up and move on.

When possible I like to complete my days food log so I can see where it will put me for the day and I adjust where I can when I can and then I make sure that my activities will get me on target. Maybe you can try that, it helps me to make wiser choices, i.e. eat less pizza, and have a salad.

Just don’t let it stress you, don’t let anything stress you. Just keep a positive attitude; the right attitude makes almost anything possible.

Good luck and best wishes.

V/R,
    DW.
  • taniabeth78
    Options
    nope didnt miss the point. Sabotage is a horrible feeling. I have had to deal with it a LOT- family, friends, coworkers. They bring in pizza- you are EXPECTED to eat it. It really sucks. And when you do give in, especially if you are not used to those kinds of foods, it can make you really physically sick.

my advice was cheat day. That way nobody feels left out and you get to have things you normally wouldnt eat. The other option is to stick to your guns and say no. Mcdonalds may have the big breakfast (which actually 610 cals isnt that bad for going out to eat), but they also have yummy oatmeal, fruit and yogurt parfaits, and egg white mcmuffins. So next time your sister (or anyone) tries to take you out to eat, tell them you would like to order what you would like or you're not going to eat. Either they will come around or you may have to make some hard decisions. But its your life, and your decisions :)
  • taniabeth78
    Options
    and drink water and take a walk. It will help with that crappy bloated feeling.