Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Should i up my calories and slow down on cardio?

2»

Replies

• RMZ2014
    RMZ2014 Posts: 31 Member
    I personally can count calories until the cows come home and not lose any wt with a higher carb diet vs. a lower (not no carb) carb diet focused on lean protein and veggies, 2 servings of fruit a day and 2 servings of low fat/cal yogurt a day. I have to log my calories to make sure I eat at least 1200 calories a day as to not slow my metabolism. (The 17 day diet) It is a really healthy way to eat and it works. I have several patients that have used it with great results as well as family and friends. It was not until I made some simple changes to my diet following this plan that I saw wt start to come off. It works for me every time, it just sticking to a lifestyle that is tough for me. I lose the same 15 pounds over and over.
    This is called FAILING, not working.
    I believe it is maintenance that is the problem, which is for many people. But thank you so much for your wisdom and thoughtful insight.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    As a rule, decreasing energy expenditure while increasing calorie intake does not yield optimal results.