Frustrated

Options
I am approaching my four week "anniversary" as a member of MFP. The first two weeks were fabulous. But, the past week and a half has produced zero weight loss. I also picked up my exercise right at this time. I started out exercising 3 or 4 times a week for about a half hour each day. Then, I started getting really into the habit and have been exercising 30-45 min 7 days a week...this is when the weight loss stopped. I am feeling really down about it and for some reason have let it get to me today. Is this something that typically happens in the first month? Should I start seeing results for my efforts soon? I am thrilled to be getting in shape and eating better so I try not to get too discouraged but today I couldn't shake my negative outlook on it. Any advice is most appreciated.

Replies

• hargrove
    hargrove Posts: 4
    Options
    I am approaching my four week "anniversary" as a member of MFP. The first two weeks were fabulous. But, the past week and a half has produced zero weight loss. I also picked up my exercise right at this time. I started out exercising 3 or 4 times a week for about a half hour each day. Then, I started getting really into the habit and have been exercising 30-45 min 7 days a week...this is when the weight loss stopped. I am feeling really down about it and for some reason have let it get to me today. Is this something that typically happens in the first month? Should I start seeing results for my efforts soon? I am thrilled to be getting in shape and eating better so I try not to get too discouraged but today I couldn't shake my negative outlook on it. Any advice is most appreciated.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    We all have days like this. Really it is not so unusual. But you are doing a great job. It is ok to take a day off exercise when you feel down. You have been doing fantastic. Keep up the good work. You are not alone even those of us who have been here for awhile feel that way sometimes.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • crystal30
    Options
    Sounds like your body has gotten used to your routine or maybe you are not getting enough to eat. When exercising alot, replenishing your body is a must. It is a good idea to eat a healthy snack before and after exercising. I had that happen to me. I stopped doing so much cardio for about two weeks, then picked back up. I started losing weight again after that.

I hope this helps! Good luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Find a variety of ways to exercise, not just one way, otherwise the body will get used to it, adjust so that the kind of exercise is your equilibrium, and you'll plateau. Vary the time, the type, and the intensity.
  • hargrove
    hargrove Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, Ladies! I will try to mix up my exercise routine a little more and see what happens.