Family and friends not supportive!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    teletubbies.gif

I do feel you. Thanks god that my bf is the only one who support me in the journey. My friends, they just DON'T CARE about health, fitness and etc at all.

What I do, I do not involve anyone of them in the loop of my healthy eating, exercise, etc. When they offer me with the food that I do not prefer, I just said, sorry I am too full to have it now. And I WILL NOT TURN TO FOOD!

You are strong and you can do it!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I deal with this exact same thing at my work. They are all sugar addicts and overweight. They make fun that I don't eat the junk that is on the table, all the time.
    They feel guilty about there addiction and don't realize it. I was going to tell them that if I ate the garbage it would not make them feel any better about themselves. Misery loves company...

I used to be that person who got through the work day grabbing pieces of Halloween candy or just one more brownie or donut from the kitchen at my former job. But the thing that bugs me MOST about the people who try to convince others to eat the stuff is that I was never like that. I didn't try to get anyone to eat the stuff. In fact, I would have been happy to hear that so-and-so wasn't going to eat a slice of the delicious pie, so I could eat it for an afternoon snack myself after the stressful staff meeting.