New World Health Organization sugar recommendation

Options
Does anyone know if MFP will adjust its automatic sugar requirement to 25 mgs a day. I read in a report that WHO has changed its recommendations on dietary limits for sugar.

Replies

• txorig
    txorig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did anyone ever answer you on this? I too think the 45 g that myfitnesspal uses is too high
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    WHO is talking added sugars, not sugars from fruit or veggies. You can still have your fruits and veggies!!

I don't know if MFP is planning to update or separate the two. Seems like a good idea! Most people use the labels on the food, though, so unless the labels begin making distinctions, it won't matter for most people.

There is so much confusion about sugar. I wish MFP would separate the added sugars from the natural ones.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    WHO is talking added sugars, not sugars from fruit or veggies. You can still have your fruits and veggies!!

I don't know if MFP is planning to update or separate the two. Seems like a good idea! Most people use the labels on the food, though, so unless the labels begin making distinctions, it won't matter for most people.

There is so much confusion about sugar. I wish MFP would separate the added sugars from the natural ones.

MFP did modify their recommendations based on more current guidelines, but I can't seem to find the blog that references all the changes made.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »

MFP did modify their recommendations based on more current guidelines, but I can't seem to find the blog that references all the changes made.
    That is wonderful.

I have met people in real life who have been avoiding fruit based on this sugar business, so I know this is really happening. It's wonderful that MFP updated. :)

And I believe you. I do not require a link, lol.