Set back -neuroma and abcess...ouch!

Options
I go see my dietician tomorrow for a check up and weigh in. I'm worried because, altho, I've lost weight, I'm not eating the greatest. I really don't have any excuses.....other than my job has been busier lately....and so the more I try to excuse why I haven't been eating so healthy....sounds worse and worse. Anyway....

I just found out that I have a neuroma on the bottom of my foot. It hurts like you know what! I had an absess removed from my big toe this morning. OUCH! The in-grown toe nail surgical procedure was less painful than this....or I just don't remember.

Exercisng is going to prove as an interesting obstacle until I can get my foot fixed. I guess a stationary bike will be okay? I don't know.

Does anyone else have a neuroma? What do you do for it?

:ohwell:

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I go see my dietician tomorrow for a check up and weigh in. I'm worried because, altho, I've lost weight, I'm not eating the greatest. I really don't have any excuses.....other than my job has been busier lately....and so the more I try to excuse why I haven't been eating so healthy....sounds worse and worse. Anyway....

I just found out that I have a neuroma on the bottom of my foot. It hurts like you know what! I had an absess removed from my big toe this morning. OUCH! The in-grown toe nail surgical procedure was less painful than this....or I just don't remember.

Exercisng is going to prove as an interesting obstacle until I can get my foot fixed. I guess a stationary bike will be okay? I don't know.

Does anyone else have a neuroma? What do you do for it?

:ohwell:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about this set-back :cry:
    I'd never heard of a neuroma until now, so I googled it. there is tons of information out there. As far as exercise, it sounds like you have to avoid doing anything that puts a lot of pressure on your foot. Maybe you could work on your abs/back, do some weight lifting instead of cardio until it's healed.
    Hope you get better soon:flowerforyou:
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Thanks. :wink:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    stability ball, stability ball, stability ball. Brace it against something to balance if needed. You can do biceps, triceps, back, chest, abs and legs. I do most of them with my toes on the ground, and some with my feet completely off the ground. At least it will tone while you are waiting to heal
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ouch and sorry hon!!!

I bet it hurts, I have broken each of my toes (almost) from toe dancing and I can totally attest to painful toe issues....ugh!

how about swimming? if you can't do that....maybe...maybe stationary bike...or stability ball like foxfire said...lol...

I hope you're feeling better too!!
    hugs!
    ali