Trouble Losing Weight

Options
Hi. I have recently lost 35 pounds since Thanksgiving. I am tracking all my food with myfitnesspal (which only allows me 1200 calories/day). I am also running 10k 6 days a week (which burns 700 calories). I have been stuck at my current weight for 3 weeks now. I am still eating the 1200 calories and running the 10k...but no change in the scale. Should I be trying something different? I would like to loose 10-15 more.

Replies

• DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Would you consider opening your diary?

Can you post your current stats: age, current weight, goal weight, gender, height?
  • LIndsey5180
    Options
    I'm 31. Currently weigh 141 lbs. Would like to weigh 125-130 lbs. Female. Height is 5.1. Thanks
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    your calories are defined by your weekly weight loss goal and lifestyle...active, sedentary etc.

If you put in more than 1lb a week that's why it's so low.

You really should be aiming for 1/2lb a week to be reasonable and sustainable.

With your exercise you need to fuel your workouts and 1200 isn't gonna do it.

Now if you aren't losing weight you are probably eating more than you think and that happen when you don't weigh your food on a kitchen scale...how do you know for sure you are eating 85g of veggies if you just spoon it or use a measuring cup...or 4oz of chicken???? changes are it's 5oz of chicken.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    With 11–16 lb. to go, you need to set your goal to .5 lb. per week (which is more than 1,200 calories) and be patient. The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just how the human body works. And the smaller deficit will help you transition to maintenance.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants