Not loosing weight! Help!

Options
I have been working out for over a month, at least 5x a week and have not lost a single pound!

The first 4 weeks i focused mostly on strength training, and only did about 10 minuets of cardio each day.

The last 2 weeks i have upped my cardio to 20-30 minuets on strength training days and 45-60 minuets on just cardio days. The first 4 weeks i did not count calories but i did not do any snacking or eat anything terrible.

I am now on 1200 calories a day. I don't really see any changes in how my clothes fit and the only measurement i took was my waist and it hasn't changed, however i have noticed increased strength…what do i need to do/ change to actually loose weight?

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    1200 calories for a 22yr old female is pretty low unless you're under 5 ft, and exercising as much as you do.

What is your ht/wt, and lbs per week loss goal in MFP?

Do you eat back 100% of your exercise calories.

When you start a new exercise program, your body will hold onto water for muscle repair until it adjusts, so it's plausible that you're retaining some water as well.
  • brandi_kae
    brandi_kae Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Use the 80/20 rule to lose weight. 80% diet, 20% exercise. One pound of fat = 3500 calories. If your body naturally burns 1900 calories per day, and you consume 1200 calories, that is a daily deficit of 700 calories. So, 3500 divided by 700 = 5 days to lose one pound.

You need to really track your caloric intake and make sure you're not overlooking "little" things that really add up....like ranch dressing or a handful of candy.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Broken record time....

Are you weighing (solids) and measuring (liquids) absolutely everything you eat and drink? If not, you're probably consuming way more than you think you are. And if you weren't counting at all for the first month....

You lose weight through burning more calories than you ingest. Period. If you're eating as much or more than you burn in a day, you won't lose anything. You need to create and maintain a consistent calorie deficit and measure it accurately. It is SO easy to underestimate what you're eating/overestimate what you burn.
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would definitely try increasing your calories. With all that strength training and cardio you need to fuel your body. You have to eat to burn. You really shouldn't go under 1200 on a day that you don't exercise. So when you are exercising you need to eat those calories back...at least half. Also remember if you are doing mostly strength training...you may not lose weight but lose body fat and gain muscle.