Ladies Only

Options
Hey Ladies....do you ever feel the need to go crazy on eating during your period? I am having a bad day. The first couple of days on it I was ok and worked out, but 3rd day into I am exhausted and just wanted to eat something bad for me.....I was trying to be strong but gave it and now over my calories and way over my sodium for the day. Does anyone else go through it? Now I am nervous for the weigh in on monday.

Replies

• tater8589
    Options
    I have been told that something crunchy like carrots helps with craving salty snacks. Also, I personally allow myself one day a week for "cheeting" so I won't put my body in starvation mode. And I feel everything is ok in moderation. Depending on what your craving you may try to have a small amount of it along with something healthier? Drink lots of water, most of us will swell with water weight from mother nature, don't stress. Hope your day gets better.
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    Totally can relate!! Mine is always chocolate which is weird because any other week I barely touch it!! I try to keep something that wouldn't be too bad on hand those days...like a 100 calorie pack of chocolate covered pretzels. I know a better choice would be some veggie or something but I know if I don't prepare myself even knowing what to choose won't stop me from choosing poorly!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have done this. Do not beat yourself up, tomorrow is a new day! Drink lots(!) of water to flush the sodium and the water from TOM, and you'll feel better by doing something good for yourself. Next, go for a walk or something. For the rest of the weekend continue to drink lots of water and make the best choices you can. For now it's all you can do. If you are up on Monday, it's more likely due to TOM not because you made a bad choice one day. Hang in there girl, we've all done it! Do NOT give up! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies, I just feel really guilty and awful for how i just binged ate all these calories. I wish I had better self control.
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    You'll be fine!!! One day won't throw you off that bad....drink plenty of water to flush out that sodium!!! TOM is the worst!!! Somedays I could eat everything in my house!!! and I crave SUGAR!!! Don't be frustrated with yourself just know to expect it next time and maybe have a snack on hand you feel better about eating!!! I hope you feel better soon!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I try my best but generally don't worry about it. I'm not even on mine yet and I grabbed a couple cookies this morning! ><

Bottom line: worrying and stressing about what you've done won't make that weight come off any faster!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It might sound strange, but the one thing that keeps me from overeating during that time of the month is angel hair pasta.

I think any kind of pasta would do the trick, but I like how the same serving size of angel hair appears to be much larger than a thicker pasta like spagettin or vermicelli.

I always eat my pasta with protein, though, to decrease the effects of sugars from the carbs. Also, I use pasta that has protein added to the noodle, so it helps even more.

I don't know why this works, but I have pasta dinners during TOM and it normally stops me from overeating everything else. I have lots of pasta recipes that are healthy, so it works out great. :)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm experiencing the period of hell right now. I'm doing my best but it's killing my already bad back and I want SO much chocolate. Try and eat something sweet and good for you (apple/orange) to try and kill a craving before you go for something bad. Drink lots of water and I drink a lot of hot tea as well...a bit of flavour and the temperature seems to make me feel better.

Just do your best not to raid every cabinet in your house and you'll be alright!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Yup, just scoffed a whole packet of jaffa cakes today!!
  • Gelsie
    Gelsie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey you're not the only one!!! Yes I totally understand you. Don't beat yourself down now, just try to finish today eating better. We are all human and sometimes, we give in to our desires. It's all mind control and it's not easy. Start drinking more water for today, it will help flush some of the sodium out. Tomorrow start fresh. Eat better and healthier. I think we need to give ourselves a little "cheat day" so that we don't have these random days where we just give in to tempation. Take it easy. You're obviously doing great since you feel guilty about it :-)
    Hope we can become friends and stay connected.
    TTYS,
    Gelsie
  • Brat3073
    Options
    Hey Ladies....do you ever feel the need to go crazy on eating during your period? I am having a bad day. The first couple of days on it I was ok and worked out, but 3rd day into I am exhausted and just wanted to eat something bad for me.....I was trying to be strong but gave it and now over my calories and way over my sodium for the day. Does anyone else go through it? Now I am nervous for the weigh in on monday.

I tell everyone this......and this is good especially for when Auntie Flow is in town.....Chocolate Cherrios! They are the best.....3/4 of a cup (and cherrios are small, so thats ALOT) is only 100 calories! So you get your sugar, choco and crunh crave taken care of!
  • amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Totally know the feeling! I'm a bottomless pit during that week! There are lots of great tips on here! My fav is the Chocolate Cheerios! Yum!!! But anyways dont let the guilt get to u. That may just lead to another bad choice. Take a breath and forgive!