Mona Vie anyone?

Options
I have been introduced to this "drink" *I am not endorsing this product* I'm just wondering if anyone has had a real life experience with it? It's a bit pricey, but if it's true to it's benefits I think it'd be worth it (for myself at least). Anyone? :smile:

Link to the drink's website:
http://www.monavie.com/Web/US/en/product_overview.dhtml

Replies

• JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have heard of it, and did take it for a while. I felt pretty good when I drank it. It was a bit pricey, but I figured, if it helps it's ok right?? I have actually started taking a different supplement that I like much better. I even sell it now... Send me a private message (can you do that here?? I'm new) if you would like to talk about how EITHER of them helped/made me feel.
    There are LOTS of different supplements out there- it's your job to figure out which one is best for YOU.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Check this out instead: myshakeology.com/SuperAYLA It has protein, fiber, pre-biotics, and digestive enzymes that Mona-Vie is missing. I have tried Mona Vie (my boss' wife was selling it) and I really prefer this for the price and how it makes me feel. My 2 cents. :)
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I took it for a while and worked with a couple ladies who LOVED it. It was too pricey for me and I didn't feel a big difference when I first started using it. Some people don't notice anything for a month or so though. I just didn't have the money to try it that long.
  • Brat3073
    Options
    I took it for a while and worked with a couple ladies who LOVED it. It was too pricey for me and I didn't feel a big difference when I first started using it. Some people don't notice anything for a month or so though. I just didn't have the money to try it that long.

RE: your signature

No Chocolate?????? wow, thats awesome!
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just completed a three day sample of it and I don't think three days is long enough to say it worked or not. I tried having a shake for breakfast and for lunch. The breakfast shake was pretty satisfying (although, Designer Whey was a little more satisfying, which is odd because Monavie has a lot more fiber). I was still starving after the lunch shake, though.

I like the idea of shakes and bars for meals and snacks during the day. My job is very hectic and I sometimes turn to quick foods for lunch and snacks. If I could eat and/or drink something easy all day that satisfied me, I would absolutely buy into that.

Maybe I need to give it another chance.

By the way, I have a friend who swears by Shakeology. I tasted the chocolate flavor when she visited for a few days and it was really yummy.
  • dynomitedaniel
    Options
    I have been on Monavie RVL for a little over a week now and like it so far. It does taste good and the overall coast is not that much when you consider it is a meal replacement. My wife has started to drink it as well and so far so good.

I will make sure to keep everyone up to date on how things go!!

DynoDan
  • Orangeblack31
    Orangeblack31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was chosen for 3 mths free Monavie RVL weight loss in Oct 2010. In the 3 mths I lost 25-30 lbs.
    As of Oct 2011, I lost 47 lbs. I have recently gained a few pounds cuz of a routine change, but now I'm back on track. I did the full RVL package for 4-5 mths, and since then, I have shakes mon-fri at work for lunch. Its nice cuz I keep the tub in my locker, so I never forget my lunch or get stuck taking Mr. Noodles or Alphagetti's cuz thats was I used to eat for fast and easy food.

MonaVie truely does work, that's if your ready for it. U wanna lose weight to "look" good or any superficial reason, then it may not work. U might feel the weight won't come off fast enough, but its a long process, nothing thiss good come that easy. It worked for me becuase I REALLY wanted to be healthy. My mom had a stroke Feb 2010 and is still paralyzed in a wheel chair to this day. I kept saying I would become healthier and months went on, having to drive 1 hr to the rehab centre to see her everyday meant I was eating more fast food than normal.
    When monavie came out with thier weight loss I finally was ready. It is about timing for ppl. Its sucks. I wish I never got so big, I wish I did something sooner, but hey starting it at almost 26 yrs old is better than nothing and I'm still young enough to not have totally ruined my body lol.
    You just have to find the right diet for you. And some times the good tasting one's are high in sugar or sodium, so watch out.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I was chosen for 3 mths free Monavie RVL weight loss in Oct 2010. In the 3 mths I lost 25-30 lbs.
    As of Oct 2011, I lost 47 lbs. I have recently gained a few pounds cuz of a routine change, but now I'm back on track. I did the full RVL package for 4-5 mths, and since then, I have shakes mon-fri at work for lunch. Its nice cuz I keep the tub in my locker, so I never forget my lunch or get stuck taking Mr. Noodles or Alphagetti's cuz thats was I used to eat for fast and easy food.

MonaVie truely does work, that's if your ready for it. U wanna lose weight to "look" good or any superficial reason, then it may not work. U might feel the weight won't come off fast enough, but its a long process, nothing thiss good come that easy. It worked for me becuase I REALLY wanted to be healthy. My mom had a stroke Feb 2010 and is still paralyzed in a wheel chair to this day. I kept saying I would become healthier and months went on, having to drive 1 hr to the rehab centre to see her everyday meant I was eating more fast food than normal.
    When monavie came out with thier weight loss I finally was ready. It is about timing for ppl. Its sucks. I wish I never got so big, I wish I did something sooner, but hey starting it at almost 26 yrs old is better than nothing and I'm still young enough to not have totally ruined my body lol.
    You just have to find the right diet for you. And some times the good tasting one's are high in sugar or sodium, so watch out.

What do you do after Monavie? Or do you stay on it your entire life?
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love Mona Vie. I took it for a while. It made me feel wonderful! I would take it again, but it's just too much money.
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Love Mona Vie, but yes it is a but pricy now I use Sambazon Acia, basically the same but not as expensive!
  • RonSwanson66
    Options
    Love Mona Vie, but yes it is a but pricy now I use Sambazon Acia, basically the same but not as expensive!

And equally worthless.
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options

I don't know about that study. All I know is I drink red wine all the time, but when I drank Mona Vie I felt markedly BETTER. So did my family members and friends. It's just really expensive so we had to stop.

I'm just saying...
  • RonSwanson66
    Options

I don't know about that study. All I know is I drink red wine all the time, but when I drank Mona Vie I felt markedly BETTER. So did my family members and friends. It's just really expensive so we had to stop.

I'm just saying...

The placebo effect is an incredible thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfRVCaA5o18
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options

And equally worthless.

Not any more worthless than buying fresh produce, love my fruits and veggies.