How many calories?

Options
I am not able to log this on mfp today, so id like to know how many cals did i have today?

2 red apples

4 bowls of special K

15 integral cookies (110 cal per 5 cookies)

2 integral sandwiches. (Each slice has 48 calories), with 2 slices of cheese and 2 slices of turkey ham(low fat ham) (1 slice per sandwich)

1 small bread (bread roll) with 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of turkey ham(low fat ham)

Id say over 3000 calories and sometimes i am very confussed when i log this on mfp because i dont know the exact amount of food, for example i dont know how much are 30grms of cereal or 100 grms or whatever! thanks!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you're online you can log it. It sounds like you need to invest in some good scales without knowing the weight you cannot accurately know what calories you are eating. There is no point in guessing as your just plucking numbers out of thin air
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly totally depends on what 'a bowl of special K' means to you.

Buy a digital scale and weigh your food so you know exactly how much you're eating.
  • blancablanca
    Options
    But i am not sure!!! id say 3000 but mfp says its less and some people say its more! i am so confussed!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You can't get an accurate idea unless you measure your food. A "bowl of Special K" can mean many different things. If you're measuring it, then the MFP entries per serving will work. But, if you're not, and it's 4 heaping bowls, you could very well have had 2-3 servings in one bowl, in which case 4 bowls could be over 800 calories. Add 80-160 for the cup or two of skim milk, and you're almost to 1000 on cereal alone. But, again, you can't be sure if you're not measuring or weighing. An apple could be anywhere from 50-150 calories or so, depending on size as well. You can't get an accurate idea If you're not measuring.
  • blancablanca
    Options
    this is why i hate all this! never know how many!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    this is why i hate all this! never know how many!

The solution is simple, weigh or measure your food. If you can't get a scale, then at least use measuring cups and spoons to be a better idea.