Hey Fatty!

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Any person who's found the willpower and the motivation to get up and move deserves the respect for such an effort. Being called "fatty" is in no way included under "respect" in my dictionary and/or thesaurus.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    did you see the follow up from the "fatty"... http://theantijared.com/2014/03/man-judged-westview-track.html

Fixed.

& man he sure does have a stick up his *kitten*.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I never liked this. It's like when someone starts off with "No offense..." and they almost always offend you.

No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about! Sorry!

Fixed it for him.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart:

touchc3a9.gif
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    It's almost like a back-handed compliment. Not sure. I guess, in the end it's positive. Did the poster have to use "Fatty"? Probably not.

It really isn't because we don't know the person who wrote it. Perhaps they were the "fatty" several years ago. I think they used "Fatty" to get the attention of many of us who needed the motivation to read it. I know I read it because of the derogatory "Hey Fatty" and I was ready to rip it apart. Instead I'm inspired to pay more attention to those who may be watching me. My only wish is to know if the writer took the chance and told the new runner how good he/she was doing as well as writing what they did.

It's the words of encouragement I get at the gym that keeps me trying to lift more so that I'm lifting to exhaustion. If the regulars didn't see me as a regular and basically say "You Go Girl!" or "You can do it, just one more set", then I really wouldn't have a guide on how I'm progressing. And these are guys and gals who I can look up to, they are at a fitness level I wish to be.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    It's almost like a back-handed compliment. Not sure. I guess, in the end it's positive. Did the poster have to use "Fatty"? Probably not.

It really isn't because we don't know the person who wrote it. Perhaps they were the "fatty" several years ago. I think they used "Fatty" to get the attention of many of us who needed the motivation to read it. I know I read it because of the derogatory "Hey Fatty" and I was ready to rip it apart. Instead I'm inspired to pay more attention to those who may be watching me. My only wish is to know if the writer took the chance and told the new runner how good he/she was doing as well as writing what they did.

It's the words of encouragement I get at the gym that keeps me trying to lift more so that I'm lifting to exhaustion. If the regulars didn't see me as a regular and basically say "You Go Girl!" or "You can do it, just one more set", then I really wouldn't have a guide on how I'm progressing. And these are guys and gals who I can look up to, they are at a fitness level I wish to be.

/thread
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    this reeks of "praise me because look how nice I am being to that pathetic little fatty , look at me pat the fatties head in approval of their existence. LOOK AT ME IM KINDA OKAY WITH FAT PEOPLE EXISTING BUT ONLY IF THEY RUN "

gross
  • Kreepie11
    Kreepie11 Posts: 76
    Options
    I never liked this. It's like when someone starts off with "No offense..." and they almost always offend you.

No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about!

You're Canadian, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Oi! As Canadians, we fully understand the "No offense..." insult thing. The difference is, we do it better, because you don't usually get that we're insulting you, and we apologize. (^_^) ....that said, what is written above was (I assume) for pure cheekiness, and should not actually be counted as anything else.

Just sayin'. :tongue:

Also, although it's kinda sorta rude, the ending made me cry. So.... meh. Win/lose.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    this reeks of "praise me because look how nice I am being to that pathetic little fatty , look at me pat the fatties head in approval of their existence. LOOK AT ME IM KINDA OKAY WITH FAT PEOPLE EXISTING BUT ONLY IF THEY RUN "

gross

I agree.. I don't really care about the use of the word fatty, it more just comes off as desperate for attention/praise by the original poster
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

gross

Wow. Trying real hard to be offended, aren't you?

Believe it or not, some people actually think it's very inspiring when someone is just starting to exercise. That person who is finally getting off the couch deserves our respect and our encouragement. If someone was mean to you when you were heavy, then that sucks. But that mean person doesn't give you the right to try and take away from someone who is trying to say something nice.

Not everyone is a bully. They may not deliver their message the way you would but that doesn't make it any less poignant or effective. Quit working so hard at finding something to get upset about.
  • Babsie777
    Babsie777 Posts: 203
    Options
    did you see the follow up from the "fatty"... http://theantijared.com/2014/03/man-judged-westview-track.html

Yes. Just read it, and I can see where the man is coming from because the guy does not know him personally. But, I took the original post as inspirational! I know what it's like to go somewhere public. You hear people laugh and snicker or you see them stare and you feel them judging you, even if it's not about you.. it seems that way because its what you've had to deal with most of your life. I don't think the original poster meant to insult; he just meant to get the guy's attention.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I call myself a fatty a lot. That person probably has or had (or even WAS) an overweight friend who used that term a lot. I don't think they meant it mean, but as a way of reaching out to that person. "You think you're a fatty, and you think that *I* think you're a fatty, but here's what I REALLY think" sort of thing. That's what I took away from it though.

That's how I took it...
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Oi! As Canadians, we fully understand the "No offense..." insult thing. The difference is, we do it better, because you don't usually get that we're insulting you, and we apologize. (^_^) ....that said, what is written above was (I assume) for pure cheekiness, and should not actually be counted as anything else.

Also, although it's kinda sorta rude, the ending made me cry. So.... meh. Win/lose.

I'm just here to back up the Canadians. GO CANADA
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I'm just here to back up the Canadians. GO CANADA

Relax, people! I was just messing around with my friend.
  • pjstick17
    Options
    I guess I get it now, how people in a group can use certain words and people outside that group cannot... When I call myself fat or fatty well in is inspiration, when someone else calls me I often think they are rude, honest but rude lol... And I can always think, not as fat as I use to be!
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Title is rude, but the message isn't.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The follow-up is not accurate. If you check out 'Tony's' FB page he states it: https://www.facebook.com/tonyposnanski

Tony "The Anti-Jared" Posnanski shared a link.
    Yesterday · Edited
    "A while back a Facebook post went viral about a man who was inspired by a runner. I never liked the post but left it alone. I decided to put myself in the runner's shoes and truly explain why I never liked it. "
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    As a fatty, I'm not really thrilled with it. While it ends up being a letter of affirmation in the end, every part of me responds with the sentiment "F**k you. I don't need your approval and I definitely don't need your backhanded compliments." The writer seems to be seeking validation for being tolerant of, and even inspired by, the "fatty". Congratulations on almost treating someone with basic human decency, I guess!
  • Babsie777
    Babsie777 Posts: 203
    Options
    The follow-up is not accurate. If you check out 'Tony's' FB page he states it: https://www.facebook.com/tonyposnanski

Tony "The Anti-Jared" Posnanski shared a link.
    Yesterday · Edited
    "A while back a Facebook post went viral about a man who was inspired by a runner. I never liked the post but left it alone. I decided to put myself in the runner's shoes and truly explain why I never liked it. "

I will definitely have to look that up! I would really love to know what the true runner, who ever he/she may be really thinks of the post directed at them. NOT someone pretending to be.