hypothyroidism in men?

romping
romping Posts: 64 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I was diagnosed about 8 years ago with hypothyroidism. Apparently not real common in men but not rare either. I have been taking 150 mg of Tiroxin for all those years. The truth of the matter is that I have never really felt any effects from the hypothyrodism as they are descibed. I contribute my obesity to gluttony on my part. I love to eat. Any thoughts for me on hypothyroidsim. Anything I should be doing other than popping the pill everyday? I haven´t gone back to the doctor in many years to check on the condition. I realize I should probably do that and will. Thanks! Romping

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    I'm female. However, I was diagnosed 13 yrs ago.. I am obese but i do consider that fact a minor role in my obesity... however, my hair has thinned as well and sometimes w/o my pill I'm completely exhausted. For every 9 females diagnosed, you have 1male diagnosed. I go early for my check up and I suggest you should to due to the Other Less Common Symptoms Associated With Hypothyroidism in Men. Such as anemia and memory issues...
    For more information go to: http://www.ehow.com/about_5042441_thyroid-deficiency-symptoms-men.html.

best of Luck to you
  • PaisleyLotus
    PaisleyLotus Posts: 60 Member
    Definitely, get a 2nd opinion! :0)
This discussion has been closed.